Search This Blog

Monday, November 1, 2010

The Aftermath...

Soooo...My Halloween was fun and lovely and pleasant and lots of things.....

It was also a few things I failed to mention.....

Like...Sometimes Halloween can be Frustrating.

Let's talk about trying to get an adorable picture of both your children.   

Here are some out takes:




This one is my favorite.  I'm directing.  If this photo could talk it would sound something like this:

Jack stop posing!, Jack sit still!, Maddie! Maddie! Smile!  Whoo! Whooo!  Jack smile!  Put your sword-y thing down!, Don't hit your sister with it! Maddie! Maddie! Jack put your arm around your sister! (insert spanish tongue high pitch noise) La La La! Smile! Smile! Jack look at me! Maddie! Maddie!

My Neighbors think I'm Crazy.
And I'm okay with that.

After about 10 minutes I gave up.  Whatever.  Maybe I'll get a good one when they're older.  Thank God we see Laura for Jack's photo shoot in 2 months....

Sometimes Halloween can be Annoying......

While I was putting the kids in their costumes upstairs, I left my new camera unattended.
My Brother and Father could not resist temptation.
When I uploaded photos to my lap top, I found these:

Yes.  That is Buzz in the Pesto Dip.
Yes that is a Gourd from my center piece in with Buzz.
Yes....
I'll spare you the rest. 
Sometimes I want to crown my brother.....
and sometimes, I'm laughing too hard to even care....

Lesson Learned.  Do not leave Camera unattended. Ever.

Moving on...

Sometimes Halloween can be embarrassing....

Remember how I told you I tend to speak before thinking.....

Well.....

We usually only do two streets when we trick-or-treat.  Our street and the street directly behind us.  We live in an area where the houses are grouped together by models.  We live in a cluster of two story homes. Everyone on our street and the street behind us have a two story.  The only difference is some are 3 bedrooms, and some are 4.

The home directly behind our home is our exact model.  A four bedroom.  When both of our bedroom windows are open you can see everything that is going on in the house behind you.  Like it is right there.  If I'm Naked.  They can see.  And vice versa. 

The house behind us was vacant for some time. Then new people moved in.  Me being the nosey person I am....I knew immediately.

Let's just say....it took them a while to realize what I have known for some time....

Okay- fast forward to last night.
As we rounded the corner for the second street there was a woman holding an infant while her son was at the door that Jack had just run up to.  I saw the baby and immediately said..."Awwwww...how old is she?"  She smiled and replied "3 months"  I went into Mom mode and explained that, that was how old Madeline was last year for Halloween and blah, blah, blah....

Then the group continued to the next house.  Jack ran toward the house that is directly behind our house.  I then say very loudly.  "Oh yes! Let's knock on the door of the lady who likes to walk around naked with her shades open!"

I watched as Jack knocked on the door, a gentlemen answered the door.  The woman caught up and stood behind me.  I looked at her and started to make small talk.  "Are you new to the street?" I asked and smiled.

"Yes."  She replied with a smirk.  "This is my house"

Awesome.


And finally sometimes, Halloween can be fattening....

I have so much candy in my house right now.

So much.

Too much.

And with all the dieting going on in our house lately Clay and I are like two fat kids on hiatus from Fat Camp.

Here is the Halloween rule in the Kirbyface household for individuals under 18.

On Halloween you can eat as much candy as you want.  Eat to your hearts content. But just know, when that clock strikes midnight, Halloween is Over. Finished. Done.
There is no remnants of Halloween to be found.
No morsel to be seen.

Jack is on the Feingold Diet.  No Artificial anything.  No Kool-Aid, or Candy, or anything fun.  With a junk food junkie for a Mother, you can imagine how much work I put into this diet.  Jack knows he can eat whatever he wants on Halloween, and yet he still runs up to me, chocolate in hand and says "Mom is dis awrt-a-fish-all?" I smile and remind him that tonight, artificial doesn't matter.

Well....today is the day after.  No candy for kids....but it's fair game for Mom and Dad. 

Like I said.

Two kids at Fat Camp.

I have hidden all my favorites all over the house.  My bathroom, behind the dishes, in the pantry behind the flour, the hall closet.....the list goes on and on......I made the mistake of leaving a Milky Way on the counter. 

Clayton found it.  

He was very happy with himself as he sat down in his chair unwrapping his finding.

I was on the phone with Kim, but could hear a candy bar being unwrapped.   (In fact, I could probably hear any candy bar being open anywhere....including in the dead of night, from the deepest of sleep.)

I stopped mid conversation with Kim. 

"STOP!"  That is the LAST MILKY WAY!"

Clay held up the bar like it was a small puppy being held for ransom.

"Then you TELL me where the rest of it is!"

Kim on the phone....no clue what is going on...still waiting for me to come back to our conversation....

"Upstairs, second shelf of bathroom behind the guest towels."

(mental note to self: re-hide candy)

He sets the Milky Way down on the end table and heads upstairs in search of his favorite.

Conversation with Kim continues....

Clay grumbling back down the stairs.  "Where's all the good candy? No 3 Musketeers....No Peanut M and M's... I'm eating the Milky Way..."

Clay's foot hit the bottom stair before it registered what he said.

Both our eyes zeroed in on the end table where he had left it.

We both lunged for the Milky Way. 

Before Clay new what hit him, the bar was unwrapped and in my mouth.

Clay didn't stand a chance against this fat kid.

Awww Halloween.....

Can't wait for next year....

:)



11 comments:

  1. All I heard was some slurping noises and then you crazy people laughing hysterically. So funny! And OH MY GOD. How funny about your neighbor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummm......sorry you had to be witness to my darkside....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dad and I are still laughing hysterically at the Buzz pictures (with HIS hand holding Buzz). And, thank you for not blaming me for those pics as Ben handed me the camera as you walked into the room! Another Halloween under our belts, and thank you so much for letting us be a part of it. I WILL make costumes next year but you have to get your order in by August! Love you...now I have to find a hankie to wipe the tears away!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, seriously, there are no words to describe how funny this post is.

    THIS is why I told you for 2 years you needed to start a blog.

    Note to self: include a Milky Way bar with every one of Heidi's birthday gifts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved every single second of this post. So many things to say:

    1. Your brother is very very funny.
    2. I think you should walk around naked for a week, just to make things fair.
    3. Milky Way? Who ate all the Baby Ruth?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your bro and OMC! They can borrow my camera anytime!

    ReplyDelete
  7. L, that's what I said! Baby Ruth is the BEST!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Where did the Snickers go?? You still have time to bring me one!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The oics of the gg kids are great!!
    Love you all.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh...the neighbor story...SO funny. I am literally laughing out loud! And, you can have all my Milky Ways...but I want your Reeces Peanut Butter Cups!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG! I LOVE this post! SO funny! I am still laughing! Love the pics of the kids! So true.

    ReplyDelete