Search This Blog

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween!

This is our 7th year in our neighborhood.  I love how friendly our neighborhood is.  Every Halloween we have a get together before Trick or Treating.  We eat pizza and drink beer and let the kids run around like Wild Banchee's.

It's pretty much the same crowd annually. My parents join us every year, which I love.  Mom usually makes the kids costumes, but this year we let the Disney Store do her dirty work.  Next year she is back on duty for sure. I love it when my Mom makes the costumes.  It guarantee's your child's costume is unique and made to order....couture if you will.....

Festivities started early this year, and to add to the Halloween fun, we got to watch the World Series while we enjoyed our Halloween feast.


Mmmmmm Rocco's...


Lynne was in charge of dessert...
She made Pumpkin Chiffon Pie
It paired perfectly with the beer I selected.
(Have you tried Blue Moon's Winter Abbey Ale??....If not....run right out and purchase some....It's deeeeelicious!)

We were all ready for the Trick-or-Treaters.
(Full size Candy Bars are the only option in the Kirbyface household)

Maddie's BFF was her hair stylist

It was kind of a mad house before we left....
(my poor living room...)

Here they are!
Tink and Peter Pan
(This is the only one I could get of the two of them together..)

So here they are separately...



Trigger joined in the fun too!

Britt and I opted for Target Tee's
While Daddy and Uncle Ben went all out...

Jack and O were quite the pair

Our Motley Crew

This was Maddie's first "real" Halloween experience. 
(Last year she was carried by Daddy the whole time and was only 3 months old)
She fit in just fine and got the hang of this trick or treating thing right away.

We brought the red wagon just in case Maddie couldn't make it..
Uncle Ben felt he needed to make sure it was a safe ride...

Thank God it was! 
Maddie felt very special in her trusty old wagon.

Our Annual Ladies shot

Look at all that LOOT!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

5 comments:

  1. So cute! Maddie holding the pumpkin is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute new blog header! I kind of need those shoes.

    Your house = full-sized candy bars

    My house = organic low-sugar fruit snacks

    Sometimes I'm amazed that we are such good friends. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's Halloween! Not snack time! Dude.

    I agree.

    Sometimes....Amazed....

    It's all about balance really.....

    Yin to my Yang.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cannot believe that you give out full sized candy bars! I would have LOVED your house when I was a kid... now it makes me pukey just looking at it. Such cute costumes and cute kids. P.S. Ella has those shoes, too!!! Oh, P.S. again, can you make me a blog header? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rocco's!!!! Miss me some Bay Area Food! Love reading your blog Heidi :)

    ReplyDelete