Search This Blog

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Bring on 35!

I usually start thinking about my Next Years Birthday plans the day after My Birthday.  After my Birthday last year, I started to think about a Girls weekend....But I knew I wanted something different from other Girls Trips.  I knew I wanted to Relax, and do NOTHING.  No dancing all night, no exhaustion upon my return.  Just sit back, relax and DO NOTHING.

So, Back in September I contacted the girls and asked them how they felt about a Spa weekend. They were all in, pretty much before I hit send on the email.

I felt like I should put someone in charge.  I immediately thought of Bo

Jaime is someone who understands the importance of a "nice" establishment.  She is a Spa snob.  As am I, and I knew putting her in charge of the day would guarantee a day of complete Pampering.  

Jaime put so much work into this weekend.  She coordinated the entire thing.  She was amazing. 

And unfortunately....

She was not able to make the event she carefully planned every detail for.

She was truly missed.

But it needs to be said.

She did an amazing job. And we had the time of our lives.

Jaime wasn't the only one who put a lot of time and effort into this weekend.

Every single girl who came went above and beyond for me.

I was floored this weekend.

  Totally overwhelmed by my amazing friends.

They thought of everything. And I mean EVERYTHING!  AND they treated me to THE WHOLE WEEKEND.

The word spoiled doesn't come close to describe this level of generosity.

But I'll say it anyway....

I am one spoiled girl.

This weekend was more than a Girls Trip.

It was THE Girls Trip.

The Ultimate Girls Trip.

The weekend started with Mary picking up 1/2 of the crew in her Expedition.
Mary arrived with 12 of the Happy Birthday cake plates I've been drooling over since I pinned them from the latest Pottery Barn Catalog.  They are not available in stores and are internet only...she had to have them rushed here to make it in time for the weekend.  She always gives me the perfect gift.
Mary offered to be our driver for the weekend.
She was the perfect chauffeur.
She put together a play list for the hour car ride, which included songs that reminded every girl on the trip of me, and she researched the top hits from the year and month I was born, in addition to our favorite songs we have listened to together since 1988.

She went shopping for my favorite snacks and had them ready to enjoy as soon as the car left my drive way.  She even brought my favorite low fat snacks so I wasn't too bad this weekend. 
So Thoughtful!!

Laura placed a basket on my seat to be enjoyed with my favorite snacks.
(She knows me so well....they were chilled and ready for enjoyment.)

Here is part of the group ready for our weekend!


Jaime and I went round and round on location.  We finally decided on Wine and Roses.
I have been to two Weddings at this location, and both times have had an AMAZING time. They surpass Napa in so many ways if you ask me, and for the cost.....you CAN'T beat it.
We stayed in the Vintner Suite. 
Here is the living room and electric fireplace with French doors to a private balcony.
King Size second bedroom, with another set of french doors to our private balcony. 

My Bed.
In the upstairs loft.
I had the whole bed all to myself.
Spoiled.

My roomies for the weekend...
and the tub I soaked in this morning to top off my weekend.
(Kim and Roseanne flew in for the weekend. Love. Every. Second. Of. That.)
Tegan made favors for everyone.  And when I say made....SHE MADE these bags, AND the body scrub for each girl.
So, so nice.

She added chocolates and a scrubby....
so thoughtful.

Because there were 9 of us, we had to split up all the treatment times, so half of the girls headed to the spa...while the other half enjoyed lunch.
Wine and Roses has an award winning restaurant on site. 
And it is DELICIOUS.
We started lunch off right..
with Rombauer.

I love their bib lettuce and shrimp salad with citrus vinaigrette.

So, so good.
(I'm an official member of the clean plate club....)


I love it when the staff is thrilled to help us out with a group photo....

After lunch we were READY for the spa.
When I arrived at the Spa I found that my Mother In Law had called and purchased a gift certificate for me for the weekend!
So Nice!


Kim was first up to be rolled like a taco.

And we hit the hot tub.

It was so warm and wonderful.

We had a delivery while we waited for our turn.

It was the perfect accompaniment for fire side lounging.

While we were at the spa a cheese platter and bottle of wine was delivered to each room.

We stayed at the spa the WHOLE afternoon.
Just relaxing....
and hydrating...
(it wasn't wine the entire time.....)
;)


well....
We WERE in Wine Country after all.....
we made it with 10 minutes to spare to the Lodi tasting center that was on site at the Hotel.

After our *quick* taste of Lodi, we headed back to the room where the girls had another surprise waiting for me...

Casey not only bought me the cake plate from Pottery Barn I wanted....but she went to my favorite cupcake shop and ordered my favorite cupcakes!!!
Love. That.

They showered me with gifts, including new UGGS!

We enjoyed a quick pre-dinner treat, and headed to the Restaurant.

We ended up at Rosewood.
It was FANTASTIC.
The staff was so accommodating, so patient with our large group and so, so nice.

I had the seared Ahi Salad on Baby Greens.
Perfect.

At the end of dinner the Manager of the Restaurant brought me this:
I DID try a sip of each one....
I DID NOT finish each one....
I had lots, and lots of help. 

After they sang they surprised me AGAIN, when they gave me this:
A scrapbook of all our years of friendship.
From 1988 to present.
With photos and letters and lots of love.
Roseanne coordinated the book.
I couldn't stop crying.
Their thoughtfulness was overwhelming.


After dinner we headed to the piano bar at the hotel.
We enjoyed a quick night cap


And then headed to back to the room...

To fill up on Mary's snacks!

And play games....


As I sit and reflect on my weekend away I am humbled by the love that is present in my life. 
I have a husband who makes it possible for me to have these get-a-ways and is happy to have the kids all weekend and let me enjoy my pampering to the fullest.  I have family that wanted to make sure I enjoyed my time while I was away.  I have friends who thought of every detail. Down to my favorite socks to wear after my pampering. This weekend had it all, laughter, tears, happiness, great conversation, rest, relaxation, love, friendship, and lots and lots of memories.

How could I ever thank you for all you did?  How can I put into words what each of you mean to me? 

It isn't possible.

I feel the love.

All I can say is I love you too.
And Thank You.
So. Much.

8 comments:

  1. Love this post! Loved this weekend! Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You are one very lucky lady!
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  3. You deserved every moment of it and more. Happy birthday week! :)

    I love the picture of you with all the mini cocktails.

    So, what are we thinking for 36? It's going to be really hard to top this year...

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like you all had a wonderful time and a fun birthday with your gal pals- but pleaaseee can ya call me Shannon- everyone knows who I am. MIL is MY MIL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fun weekend! Living so far away I miss everything... I'm so glad I got to be there this weekend! Only thing that would have made it complete was Jaime!!

    Happy birthday!! love you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had such a fun time! Loved every minute of it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, Jaime was definitely missed. But it was an awesome time! So glad I was able to be a part of it :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have great wedding photos taken from that balcony in the vintner's suite. Looks like an amazing time. I didn't even know that spa had a hot tub and fire pit, awesome! Happy Belated Birthday!

    ReplyDelete