Search This Blog

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Happy 6th Birthday Jack!



Happy Birthday Jack-Man!!!

Today you are 6.

6. Years. Old. 

I can't believe it.

You have changed so much in just one year.

You are so tall.  I think you may be the tallest boy in Kindergarten...(I'd be willing to place my bets on 1st grade too)

You are so giving, and so so loving
.  You always want to have a good time and you are at your happiest when you are hangin with the boys in the ManCave.  You also love to be out front playing with your friends.  You love everything outdoors.  You like to explore, and play tag, and ride your big wheel.

You are Daddy's #1 sidekick.  No matter where Dad is, that is where you want to be. 


He is your Best Friend.

Mom is okay too, but you reserve your love for her on the down-low.  You will come up to her while she is cooking, and ask for a hug, or  you crawl into her side of the bed if you've had a bad dream, or are not feeling well....and I'm not gonna lie... I love those moments. 

You think Uncle Ben is the funniest person alive, but you love ALL of your Uncles.  You love your Monday's with Aunt Brit, and get so excited when Uncle Justin and Casey steal you away for the night.

Your favorite place on the planet is Chuck E Cheeses.

You love school.  You don't fight me at all to get up and head out the door.  You put your clothes on and  jump in the car.  You even like your Teacher Mrs. Hanebury.

You say the funniest things.  I wish I had a constant recorder on you. 

I am so lucky to be your Mom.  You are one amazing kid.



I often think about who you will be, and what our relationship will be like as your grow....

But I have to stop myself.

I want to make sure and enjoy every minute with you right now.

I hope you never stop stealing hugs in the kitchen.

I know there will be a time when you will no longer crawl into my side of the bed and I know I'll be sad when you won't hold my hand as I walk you into daycare each morning, and someday, you'll refuse to kiss me good-bye.

But for now.

You're still my great big 6 year old baby boy.

And I love every second of it.

Happy, Happy Birthday Jack.

I love you more than you could ever know.


4 comments:

  1. Tears! Love this! Now time to post your birth story with him ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy happy birthday to Jack!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this post! What a big boy! Happy Birthday Jack!
    BTW...I think Uncle Ben is the funniest person alive also:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Feel so honored to be your Oma...love you so, so much Jackman! You are one lucky boy! Oh, happy day!

    ReplyDelete