Search This Blog

Sunday, December 1, 2013

Thanksgiving Week

We came home for Thanksgiving Week.

I was so excited to see all my friends.

Summer was due in December with Baby June
So we threw her a tiny "Sprinkle" at Bridges in Danville.
This was the only photo I took.
*fail*

We went to the Walnut Creek Ice Skating Rink
The kids loved it!

Thank God for the helpers they provide.

Clay was brave enough to help on the ice.  God knows I wasn't getting on there.

Emma Kate and Connor joined us!


Jack loved it!
Despite the occasional fall.


We also went bowling!
Clearly she has my skills.

Thanksgiving was finally here!
We started our day with Snickerdoodle muffins.

Breakfast of Champions.

Who am I kidding...
We all know the REAL breakfast of champions
;)

Shannon hosted this year and was gracious enough to share her kitchen with me as her sous chef.

Perfect Bird.
(this was probably the biggest bird I have ever seen in my life)

We had a big crew this year!





My plate runneth over....

A family that croquet's together....

The Boys....




Women are clearly outnumbered in the Kirby/Burnham household.


Nothing says Happy Thanksgiving 
Like Premium Tequila!

Cheers!

A rare shot of My FIL and me.

Aunt Mard and Mads
Mimi and Aunt Cris

Mard and her youngest Dan

Before I knew it, it was time to plan...
Black Friday! Er.... Black Thursday?!
(on a side note, I have always been one of the crazy's that set their alarm for Friday Morning at 2am to hit the stores and get some deals.... I am not happy it's moving to Thursday... it's losing the whole meaning...it interrupting my time with family, my time to say Cheers! And at least power nap before putting on my game face.

But...

I can't boycot.  I just can't.  The deals call my name like a ghost in the night.

So with a kiss from the Hubs...

I met up with my partner in crime.

And we hit the stores....
After mimosa's and wine and tequila

Not the best idea.....
;)

I made it to 2am.  Then I threw in the towel.  Brit made it to 4am!  What a trooper!

The day after Thanksgiving we headed to Union Square for the Tree Lighting.
BART was Packed!

Gumpy bought balloon animals to keep the natives from getting restless.
It is pretty boring waiting for that Tree to Light....


 But we made it!

We headed home Saturday.  I was anxious to get our decorations up!
We had to get a new tree this year.  I miss my gigantic tree.
But this one was nice and just the right size.
Clay decorated my front porch.

This year we let the kids get their own trees in their rooms.

Maddie had to put her ornament from Disneyland on her tree.  Her very own hot pink tinsels tree.

Jack picked florescent green.

Every bed in the house has Christmas bedding.  

Love my new tablecloth!

The first day of December means the first day of the Advent Calendar!
(My MIL fills our calendar every year...this year with the move I couldn't find our adorable calendar....so she improvised!)

The kids love it.


Can't wait to see what the Season brings!


No comments:

Post a Comment