Search This Blog

Sunday, October 10, 2010

10.10.10 Ten on Ten

Take a photo every hour for ten consecutive hours on the tenth of each month. Document a day of your life and find beauty among the ordinary moments.



I first saw 10 on 10 done by Heather at Cookie Mondays , I thought it was such a great idea!  I learned that Heather got the idea from Mel at Larson Lingo who got the idea from another blog, and I'm sure the list goes on and on.  All I know is a good idea when I see it.  I have wanted to copy the idea for some time, but since I'm never home on weekdays, doing a 10 on 10 during the day at my work would be so boring (who would want to see  my feet sticking out from under cars all day???... ).  So I was so excited that the 10th fell on a Sunday, and to top it off, the perfect date for a 10 on 10!
(I had a very big surprise in store for me today....you may notice a difference in my photos as you read)

So here goes!  My first 10 at 10!


Clay let me sleep in!  Yay!  
How else could I repay him but to make Blueberry Pancakes from scratch! Jack sifted, while Maddie sampled the fruit for edibility.
You'll notice the cooking bible next to Madeline for reference. (God bless the Joy of Cooking!)


Jack had a little craft time and wanted to use his new colored pencil set.


 The Walnut Creek Farmers Market was hoppin today! 
 I love fall colored flowers...


We may have stayed too long...... Nap time was calling someone's name...


Both kids fell right asleep for their afternoon naps and Clay and I enjoyed a little downtime.


Clay surprised me with my Anniversary present early!  He was so sweet!  He said he didn't want me to have to use my little *crappy* camera for my first 10 on 10.  
I am SO excited about this camera. 
I am now a photo taking fool!

A late afternoon snack....and a little wine to celebrate the new camera...  ;)

Clay enjoying the Giants big win....

Waiting for dinner to simmer......

Soups on! 
It was SO hot today!  But I had all the ingredients to make Chicken Corn Chowder.  Homemade soup...down to the last drop.  I even made the chicken stock from scratch!
Clay made me turn the air conditioning on just so we could eat without sweating to death.  You gotta love Fall in California!




Thank you to my wonderful Husband for embracing my new found love of blogging and buying me the most generous and thoughtful Anniversary gift a girl could ask for.


I love you Smooch!




Hope you enjoyed my 10 on 10!


Next month give it a try!


I would love to see how you spend your 10 on 10! 
Thank you Heather and Mel for letting me steal borrow your idea!

4 comments:

  1. Wow! What a great idea! I've thought about it, but life is so boring here....here's a picture of a tree, oh here's another one... Nice camera, albeit not a Nikon! (just kidding, way to go Clayton!) And, let's not forget the kids...I have the cutest grandkids EVER!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite is the first picture-- the look on Jack's face is priceless. 'Bowl on my head? What bowl on my head?'

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want those jammies Maddie is wearing...

    So exciting about the new camera!

    Mmm... now I want soup in a bread bowl...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! So glad you did 10 on 10! And, that is SO fun you got a new camera! So exciting :)

    ReplyDelete