Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Lucky 13

Thirteen years ago today I married my Best Friend.

We couldn't afford the  Main Chapel...so we said "I do" in the waiting area of the Chapel of Love.

We Eloped.
In South Lake Tahoe
And Rocked the World.
( or atleast Walnut Creek and the greater East Bay)

Just over one year later...
We had our *sinful* union Blessed in the Catholic Church

Complete with White Gown and Dressed Blues



And then at Ten Years, Renewed our Vows
Right Back where it all started.
South Lake Tahoe
( The Chapel of Love -which is the actual name of the chapel- had since burned down, so we renewed our vows at the only Catholic Church in South Lake.  And then partied like Rockstars afterward OF COURSE!)

13  years.

I can't believe it.
Here is a short list of our years together.

Of our 13 years, only 11 (due to the Military) have been spent physically together.
We have purchased 12 cars.
We have purchased 2 homes.
We have moved 10 times.
We have adopted 2 cats, 2 dogs and had 2 children.
We have had Good Times.
We have had Hard Times.
We have made it through all times.

You are the love of my life. My soul mate. My one and only.

Without you.  I would not be me.

Thank you for all you do.
And the Person you have helped me become.

There is no one I rather have by my side.

Happy Anniversary Clayton.

Here's to many, many more....


7 comments:

  1. Congratulations guys! Wow! 12 cars! I love the most recent picture of you 2- you look fabulous! And very happy! Have a great day and night out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You forgot to remind people that it was 6 WEEKS after you met. :) That is such a great picture of you two kissing in front of Tahoe. Awww :)

    Happy "official" anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky 13 :) Those pictures get me all choked up. I still love that red dress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 13 years! I am still mad that you ran away and got married and left me to take the Film class at college alone... but, I'll get over it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. BTW, have I ever mentioned that I'm pissed I wasn't invited to your wedding?? ;)

    ReplyDelete