Search This Blog

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving From Camp Runamuk

Almost every Thanksgiving is spent with the Kirbyface Clan.
This year, we were lucky enough to spend the Holiday at Clay's Aunt and Uncle's Camp in Inverness.  It is such an amazing place.  I was talking to my FIL and said....this place is soooo.... Retro Chic. I feel like that's the best way to describe it.  It's like a 5 star hotel, nestled in the woods, with a breathtaking view and all the convenience of home.   I cannot express enough how much I love our time we spend there.   

Here are some photos of Camp Runamuk





We had the best time. 

Clay's parents, his brother and us.  That was it. (We missed you Casey!) 
 It was so nice to spend some one on one time together, talk and just relax....
Well.....
kind of relax....
the kids were tired, and definitely missed their naps.  But they still had a blast.  Clay's Mom took Jack up a day early for some one on one Mimi and Jack time.  Jack loves spending time with her, and it must be said, that she could quite possibly be the most patient person with him (and with Madeline too).  

We arrived just in time for a game of Ping Pong.  




It was soooooo cold.
So, Clayton used his Boy Scout skills and built us a fire.

Mimi, Jack and Madeline  played an intense game of dominoes....

Jack loved the loft in the main house.
And so did Gump!
 (Clay's Dad was such a good sport-by this point Mom had had enough so Gumpy went up to save the day and play with Jack-Man)

The kids finally fell asleep, and there was time to relax...

A nice bottle of wine, a fire, and my Uggs...
 ( I broke out my old pink Uggs- circa 2003- almost vintage..... to match Miss Madeline)

Before I went to bed, I tried to get a photo how beautiful the moon was reflecting on the water.  I have to get used to this new camera!  Here is my best attempt:


Did I mention how cold it was???

Thank GOD our cabin had this:
How awesome is this fireplace??

We slept great! 

Maddie only got up once, and Jack had a sleep over in Mimi's cabin.  
Clay and his brother and their morning smoke...
(gotta get those boys to quit!)

Madeline wanted to be out with the boys.

Jack, however....was not a happy camper
He was not so thrilled with Mom and her camera 

and

he was dying to go into the hot tub.

So I gave in.  
It was 30 degrees. Outside. (just to clarify)
He LOVED it.

Instead of slaving away in the kitchen for Thanksgiving.   Clay's parents took us to the Olema Inn for Lunch.

It was so nice.

But....

The Natives were restless....



We must have left the table 25 times.

And everybody took a turn with the kids.

I felt bad that lunch wasn't more peaceful, but Clay's family was very understanding.

We did get a family photo!


Thank you Rob and Shan for a great time.


And we made it home just in time for Dessert with my family

Pumpkin, Apple, Lemon, Chocolate and Pecan.

Wow.

I am thankful for many things.
My husband
My children
My family
My extended family
My friends
My health
and 
so, so, so much more.

Happy Thanksgiving!

And now.....

Time to Shop!







5 comments:

  1. That cabin looks like so much fun! What a beautiful setting! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you really shopping today?

    And that is one intense game of dominoes-- sippy cup knocked over and everything! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to live at Camp Runamuk!!! I would take a setting like that over the beach, anyday. Your kids are so cute... but yeah, meals with children in a restaurant is anything but peaceful... Happy Thanksgiving Kirbyfaces!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Scott and I stayed at that inn the night we got engaged!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So Romantic S!! I loved that place! P.s. Miss you. Hurry up and move here!

    ReplyDelete