Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Happy Birthday Uncle Joe!

Growing up I was fortunate enough to live close to my Uncles.

I know you're not supposed to have favorites....

But Uncle Joe was my favorite.
I absolutely adored him.  
(I still do)

He was so much fun when I was a kid.  He would play with us, and take me places and hang out. 

Joe and I are close in age.  He was only 12 when I was born. 
So he did do his share of torturing me...but that's just his way.... 
(I'm pretty sure I thought my name was Moron for the first years of my life....)

But he out grew me being an annoying toddler, and grew to love me as his niece.

He was the coolest.

He always had the latest and greatest tennis shoes, and rode a motorcycle, and was in the NAVY -Which I thought was awesome-(but that was pre-Clay and I was soon taught that there really is only one branch of the military Ooh Rah!) He had the most adorable friends (some of which I had crushes on until I got married). He had the nicest Girlfriend, who became his wife, which made her the coolest too.

Now I'm older, and I can talk to him about life and marriage and kids and mortgages, he'll listen and give me honest advice and I love that. 

When my territory for work backed up to Mountain View, I could ditch out for the afternoon and hang with Uncle Joe.  He would wash my car and we would talk.  I miss those afternoons.

It was an easy decision for Joe to be Jacks Godfather. I wanted a good role model, someone I had the utmost respect for, and who I knew would do an amazing job being there for my Son.

Today, Uncle Joe, I want you to know how much you mean to me.  You are the best Uncle a girl could ask for.  Thank you for being the wonderful person you are. 

Love you Uncle Joe!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE that first pic. I took it with my second camera, a Kodak Instamatic. Almost as cool as Uncle Joe! And, umm, I was hoping you'd forget about the 'moron'. Love you Joe, you're the best brother! Have a GREAT Birthday!

    ReplyDelete