Search This Blog

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Good Food, Good Friends, and Good Wine....

Saturday night before I left for my business trip I had a get-together at my house.  I invited my closest friends, and asked then to all bring their favorite bottle of wine.  We covered the wine and had three categories.  Red, White and Sparkling.  So much fun!  And so surprising to see the wines that won....  

Brown Lunch Bags and Kitchen twine disguised the wine bottles.

Light Appetizers were served.

When everyone walked in they were handed a strip of tickets.  Guests were then asked to drop a ticket in the wine glass in front of the tastiest wine.


 Decisions...Decisions...

We had quite the turn out.....
Almost all my girls were there....

Casey and Justin came.... 
(Jus is camera shy...)

Ben and Britt

Oscar and Honesty

Mom even joined the fun!

Baby "G"
( I love him already....)

Lynne and Mary.

Linds and Seth.

 Matt and Tegan...

Matt brought party favors....

Everybody
had
a try...

And then......
the wine set in...




Funny!


Such a fun night!

Here are the winning wines:

Sparkling:
Veuve Clicquot Yellow Label
$35.99

White:
Costco Kirkland Chardonnay Sonoma Valley
$7.99

Red:
I know it was a Cab....
That my brother bought.....
from Safeway....
That's it....

**Mental Note: Write things down when drinking......**

Everyone had a great time. 

Try it this Saturday with your friends.  I guarantee a good time!

8 comments:

  1. "And then the wine set in..." could not have been more accurate for that series of pictures.

    Things that are dirty? I SO wish I remembered that round...

    Such a great party (of course). :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recognize those "after wine" faces!! :) I couldn't be more jealous of this party... or more inspired to plan one! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fun night! We should make that an annual event. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S. What # was the cab that won? Cuz I need to know what #8... or #9 was... I should've wrote it down.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As the pregnant woman at the wine tasting party I clearly remember that EVERYONE HAD A GREAT TIME!

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO much fun! Wish I had more of the wine! I am LOVING the pics your new camera is taking!

    ReplyDelete