Search This Blog

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Happy Birthday Lindsey!

Today is Lindsey’s Birthday.

I met Lindsey briefly at a party at Roseanne and Kim’s apartment in Sacramento in 1998.

Our friendship started to blossom in 2002.  Today I consider her one of my closest and dearest friends.

She is my favorite shopping buddy.

She is my favorite travel buddy.

She is my favorite drinking buddy.

She is my favorite hang around and do nothing while watching Friends (and other shows….) and eating pizza buddy.

The list goes on.

Recently one of my best friends turned to me at a get together and said….”I know you love me…But you don’t love me like you love Lindsey….”

Which to clarify is not true. 

 I love all my friends equally but in different ways.  Especially my Girls.  I love ALL my Girls, and all of their wonderful qualities.

But sometimes…


Lindsey just gets me like nobody else does.


  She doesn’t care that I have to use the bathroom one million times when we travel. She doesn’t care if I want to try on 50 pairs of jeans to see which one looks best on my rear end.  She doesn't mind if we have to share a bed on a girls weekend and I take up half of the bed and steal all the covers.  She doesn’t care if I have a little too much to drink and call her Linley.  She doesn’t care if we watch the same episode of Friends for the 732nd time. 

She is breezy and fun and patient and kind, and even though the dynamics of our friendship have changed.  And I’m a Mom…and I may not be as much fun as I used to be..... 

She is still there for me. 

And I know, always will be.
Here are some of my favorite times with you:






















Love you Linds.


So Much.

6 comments:

  1. AW! Great post!! I love me some Linley, too. :) Happy Birthday, Linds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For the record, loving your friends "equally but in different ways" is the DEFINITION of you not loving the rest of us like you love Lindsey.

    I stick by my comment.

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY LINLEY!!! How about that party of 6?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You love Lindsey in a more than a friend way. Just admit it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think we all love Lindsey in more than a friend way....

    it's just the way it is......

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love you too Heidi!! And the rest of you... I love you all. Thanks for the wonderful birthday post and walk down memory lane in pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love you more than I could possibly imagine way back in 1998 when we first met. Happy Anniversary :)

    ReplyDelete