Search This Blog

Monday, August 15, 2011

Happy Blog-a-versary to Me!


HAPPY BLOG-A-VERSARY! 

Here it is! 

I made it a whole YEAR of Blogging!  I can't believe it!

What I really can't believe is how much resistance I gave to blogging...and how much crow I have eaten because I love it so much.

I love keeping in touch with my friends.  I love reading their comments. I love knowing what's going on in their lives.  I love peeking into other people's lives that I have no idea who they are, but I love what they are decorating, or cooking, or planning.

So....

In honor of my one year of blogging....here are some of the highlights from the year, including my header photos.


Let's start with my profile pic.

I love feet.  I think it all started with me being overweight, and the only thing on my body that pretty much stayed the same was my feet, and it's pretty much my only body part I have absolutely no complaints about.  I love my feet.  Even my non existent baby toe nail.  Love them.  I think that may be where my obsession with shoes started.  That is when I decided that my header will always have something to do with feet.
Now, My profile name....is a different story.

Mrs. Kirbyface started with one very specific piece of mail.
This was the first piece of mail I received as a married woman.
From Roseanne and Kim in college.
please look at the back
The top of the letter reads-"Everyone I live with is Drunk.  I love College"

I love that I still have this letter.   In fact...I have most letters from my girl friends, because they are HILARIOUS.  And these were some of the only items Casey did not make me throw out in our recent purge.


Also this weekend in the big purge, I found my very tattered copy of Wendy Wasserstein's The Heidi Chronicles, which was my favorite play in High School.  

I couldn't think of a better name for my Blog.



Most commented on Blog post:  The Aftermath

Speaking of comments....

I LOVE when my friends comment.  Tegan has informed me that I don't do this for the comments.  And she's right.  But I like to know when you guys have caught up on my life.  That's why I do my best to comment on every one of my friends blogs.




Most exciting comment:
When Chinese Laundry commented on my blog


When I felt like I had made it as a blogger:

When Super Blogger Mel Larson commented on my blog for the first time!
(Mel was my first follower that I had never met.  I was so excited to have a "real" follower.  I now have had the pleasure of meeting her in person, and getting to know her a little better than just secretly peeking into her life-Love that!)


Most loyal Follower:
Rose.

I always know as soon as I post something she will be my first comment.  Now, granted....she lives in a time zone 2 hours ahead...but still...she's always first.
Wanna know how I know???  SHE. COMMENTS.
(see how that works people!)
:)


My favorite post:

Don't Judge me

Followed closely by

It happened one night


Best idea I've had as a Blogger:

My Birthday Posts to you.
( I love telling you guys how much I love you!)

What I can most improve on as a Blogger:

To Blog more.

I get all these Ideas, I take pictures,  I will even lay in bed at night and mentally write a blog....I need to follow through on my thoughts.  Upload more.  I could definitely be better. I love to look back and see all that has happened in this last year.   And even more happened...I was just too tired to keep it up.  I have realized that once I get in front of this computer, it doesn't take that long to whip one up. Sooooo...I promise to get better...

That....
and remember to do 10 on 10 every Month!
(Man! Why is that so hard to remember???)
There you have it.  A year in review.

Thank you for reading...and for commenting..

I hope that I keep this up for a long, long time.

Now....

As a blog-a-versary present....

COMMENT

and tell me YOUR favorite post!

7 comments:

  1. :) My favorite was the birthday post to me-- but I might be biased!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy blog-a-versary to you! I'm so glad that you have been doing this and I can stay updated even when I can't be there for all of it. So here is my gift to you... my comment :) I promise to get better at this... (for all you bloggers out there!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My comments are usually via the phone, as we discuss the post. I, too, will try better (see? I'm doing it right now!) As for favorite, duhhhh, the one I wrote about YOU! And, all the ones of my grand-babies....Congrats on a year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You totally beat me to the blog-a-versary post! Since we started on the same day...

    Couple things:

    1) my favorite post was either your first one (if Kim can do it, so can I), or my birthday post. :)
    2) Linds, I can't believe you let Heidi guilt you into commenting
    3) I CANNOT believe you still have that letter! HI-larious!

    Love you, love your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you are taking time to reflect on your blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE the pics of that letter! I LOVE that you encouraged me to start as well... and I LOVED my birthday post the best!!! Happy blog-a-versary!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Has there been a post that hasn't involved feet? That would be my favorite. :) So glad you decided to start this, and I can't believe it has been a year! AND I can't believe (like Kim said) that you guilted Lindsey into commenting, haha!

    ReplyDelete