Search This Blog

Thursday, August 25, 2011

And it begins....

Today was our first All In One.

For those of you who don't have a child in school...

This means...

Teacher assignments, Schedule Assignments, Cub scouts, PTA, Parent Participation sign-ups, etc. etc. etc......

Which means....

We officially have a Kindergartner!

He starts Tuesday and I can't believe it.


Today we rushed to make it to our specified time slot.  Clay and I both took the day off.

As we walked up a Woman with a name tag that read Natalia or Nazi....I'm not sure...stopped us and asked, "Are you here for All in One?"

"Yes!" And I started to pull out our paperwork to prove how prepared we were...

She immediately stopped me.  "Oh...well...we just started Lunch soooo.... Lunch should be about an hour, but you can wait....Is this your first time?"

Wait!  What?  I read all the instructions, I was so prepared!  Wait??!!!  I'm ON TIME. This is CRAP.

(All of that was on the inside of course.  Clay and I looked at each other and made the Husband-Wife eye contact agreement, and got in line.

Wait.
 For One Hour.
 Perfect.

We stood talking for about 3 minutes before our Savior came.

My wonderful neighbor Claudia ran up.  She was a Veteran and was running late.  She looked at the two of us like we were fresh off the boat.  "What are you guys doing out here???  It's in there!  Come on!"

"Claudia- Natalia told us to wait here.....It's Lunch..."

"Lunch!  No way. Hold on..."  And she ran past us.

Natalia quickly resurfaced.  "Are you guys with Claudia?"

Clay and I both nodded-"Why yes!  Yes we are!"

"You can come in...."

And In we did- straight to the front of the line.  Hooray!  We had an IN!  And it's only Day ONE!

We were in and out in 20 minutes.

We must have been asked 47 times if this was our first time...

Clearly we were Newbies....
Here is Mr. Kirbyface patiently waiting for our Teacher assignment...
(Who we met by the way, and I'm pretty sure she has been teaching since I went to Kindergarten, and possibly since my Mother went to Kindergarten.......but that's a story for another time...)

We may or may not have gone a little overboard at the School Spirit table....

Have I mentioned we're new......


After our Adventure in Elementary
 We "treated" ourselves to Lunch.
(I use the word treated loosely since I'm still trying to get my Skinny On....*grumble-grumble*DAMN WEDDING*grumble-grumble*)

And since we had the day off together...
.....and Groupon had a special....

Pedicures!
2 Pedi's for $18.
Sea Salt and Foot Massage included!
I love GROUPON!


We were very excited about our new attire.
When I tried on my vest (that's right...I bought the vest..shut up) Clay turned to me and said "You look old."  I gave him the -I'm gonna kill you look- to which he replied- "You know what I mean!  You look like a Mom!"

Awesome.

He quickly followed that with....

"I can't wait for your Den Mother outfit."

OMG.

Den Mother.

I AM old.

I'm so not ready for this!

But wanna know who is???
Jack-Man!

Stay Tuned.....

Our First, First day of School is just around the corner!

5 comments:

  1. OMG!! I can not believe how much older he looks. That is the best part of school is to get all the fun stuff and the spirit wear. It goes by fast so enjoy every moment. Congrats Jack Man. Can't wait to see the first day of school out fit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww, sniff, sniff....I'm so proud...JackMan looks so ready...hope Mom is too! Don't forget your hankie for the first day....and, by the way, blue is your color! Go Sequoia! You ain't seen nutin' yet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO exciting! Can't wait to hear all about his first day adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am DYING. That vest is just... awesome. :) So glad I picked today to finally check up on some blog goodness. This first post did not disappoint. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cannot BELIEVE you got the license plate frame! You ARE old!! Such proud times! I can't believe the boys are already starting school...congrats Mom..and Dad!

    ReplyDelete