Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Get your Skinny On!

With someone's wedding just around the corner....

It's time to get my skinny on.

Clayton and I are back at Weight Watchers.

Tonight I made this:

It tasted as fattening as it looks.

It was so good. AND it took me almost no time to whip up.  My friend Laura is always telling me that my recipes are too complicated.  But this one, is a no brainer, it tastes delicious and is SUPER easy to make.

So here ya go!



Mexican Stuffed Peppers



-1 can of Chili Beans ( I used S&W Chili Beans- pinto beans, chili peppers, onion, garlic in a tomato sauce.)
-1- can of Diced Tomatoes ( I used S&W Diced Tomatoes with Green Chile's added)
-1- 12 ounce package of Veggie Protein Crumbles ( I used Lightlife Smart Ground Mexican Style)
-1-tsp olive oil
-1/2- onion Diced
-5- Bell Peppers- 4 with the tops sliced off like hats, 1 diced
-1- clove of garlic chopped
-3/4- cup mushroom diced
-1/2- Cup Shredded Reduced fat cheese ( I used Sargento Mexican Style Shredded)
-1/2- Cup Low Fat or Fat Free Sour Cream
-1/4- Cup Green onion (for garnish)

Saute the garlic, onion, bell pepper, and mushroom in olive oil until onion is translucent and bell pepper is soft.  8 to 10 minutes.  Add tomatoes and Veggie Protein crumbles- heat for 1 to 2 minutes and remove from heat.  Take mixture and fill the remaining 4 Bell Peppers.  Place tops that you sliced off the bell peppers back onto the filled pepper.  Place in baking dish.  Pour the can of chili beans over the peppers and fill the bottom of the baking dish.  Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil and bake for 30 to 40 minutes @ 375.  

Remove from oven when Bell Pepper is golden and soft to the touch.  Top with Cheese, Sour Cream, Green Onion- Whatever you like!  I had mine with Cilantro and Salsa!  

That's it. 

Easy Peasy.

And here is the best part.

Without Added Toppings one Serving has....

5 grams of fat
255 Calories
17 grams of protein

and for your fellow Weight Watchers out there.....

5 points.

Not bad...

And I'm STUFFED.

Ingredients make a big difference...

These items are what made this dish delicious.

Try this soon!

And don't be afraid of the Veggie Crumbles.  I GUARANTEE whoever you serve this dish to, will not know this is Tofu. 

And....

For those of you who don't like mushrooms, substitute squash, or zucchini!

And for those that are REALLY crazy and don't like onion....  :)  Substitute with canned green chiles. 

Happy Cooking!

If you have a recipe to help me get my Skinny On.....I'm all ears!!

5 comments:

  1. Yum! I usually make mine italian style, but I'm definitely going to try this twist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmm...next week this stuff is on my shopping list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ummm...I forgot to ask...where the heck do I get the crumbles?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. BTW...thanks for the easy peasy recipe!

    ReplyDelete