Search This Blog

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Out with the old....

We had quite the productive weekend!

It all started with this *little* project....




That's right!

A NEW deck!  Woot! Woot!

Thanks to Justin for working his BUTT off this weekend.  We ALREADY have the new framework completed, and we will soon have a completely re-done deck!  A project that should have been done YEARS ago!

We can't WAIT!
(photos of our complete project very VERY soon!)

Also...

We (and when I say We, I mean, Me and my BIL's GF Casey) tackled this:

Here it is.  In all it's glory.
My Closet.

It's my dirty little secret.  I'm sure my Grandmother is appalled I'm even sharing this photo.  But...if you know me....and most of you do....you have probably at one point or another seen this before....all of you except for my In Laws...but after 14 years...it's time they know.  I keep horrible care of my closet.  I'm constantly cleaning it out, re-working it.  I have had many a woman help me.  My Mother, My Grandmother, Jaime, Tegan, Brit...... But it always seems to end in the same state.  And I usually can talk the party helping me into keeping lots of items I have no use for.  Prom dresses, Pants 2, 3, 4 sizes to big (just in case), shoes I haven't worn in years (because you never know when you are going to need a Black satin platform 4 inch heel with pink bows....)  But Casey.....Casey would not accept any of my what if's or I might, or but I've had it for 10 years..... So here is the out come...


It's a miracle.

Here is the scary truth:

I had 3 Garbage bags of trash in my closet.  Clothes with stains or holes, Plastic bags and wire hangers from the dry cleaners, old shoe boxes, worn out shoes, broken hangers......tons and tons of CRAP.....

Terrible.....

but on the Upside......
Two HUGE bags of clothes to donate.

And for the record....

Clayton's side had just as much junk and clothes to donate as my side!

This project took us most of the day, and it pretty much kicked our butt!  But I'm so glad it's done. 

Thank you Casey for all your hard work!

And all of that was just Saturday!

Today...

We went to the Alameda Antique fair!

My MIL is always finding these amazing items at this place, and I have always wanted to go.  Today was my first time!  And Casey came too!

Our Morning started bright and early and we were on the road by 6:20am.  And it was SO worth it.  There are some AWESOME things out there people.  Here are my two favorite purchases:

A soft pink chalkboard to go under my Pink EAT sign my good friend Tegan made me, and an old fashion Glass Milk Bottle carrier complete with Vintage Milk Glass Bottles.  (I'm going to put it in my garden window above my kitchen sink and fill it with flowers)  Love it!  I also got Clay  a new Metal Baseball advertisement poster, and vintage football cleats from the 30's for his ManCave.  

We had the Best time!

Speaking of the ManCave....that is our NEXT project.....

Any Volunteers on the Kirbyface Out with the Old....

In with the New!

C'mon.....

You KNOW you want to!

3 comments:

  1. I'll help... but it's gonna cost ya...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cannot wait to party on the new deck. And YAY for closet reorganizing! LOVE the milk bottle idea with the flowers. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm totally in for helping. I am so jealous right now...I have been looking for a milk bottle crate for soooo long!!!! Your closet looks A.M.A.Z.I.N.G!

    ReplyDelete