Search This Blog

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Happy Birthday Laura!

Happy Birthday Laura!

You Sexy Thing!

Laura and I became friends in High School. 
I have fond memories of driving around in her Jeep with the top off hollering at anyone that would listen, and having not a care in the world.

Good Times.

Little did we know....

Better times were in our future.

Laura was the first of The Girls to have a child. 
It may have been sooner than any of us had anticipated, but man did she make motherhood look like a breeze.  I remember watching her with her son Dominic and thinking....
Will I ever love someone as much as she loves that baby?

I was there the day she gave birth to her son. 

And she was there the day I gave birth to mine.

In fact- She not only was at the hospital, but she held my leg as my son came into the world. 

Our friendship grows stronger and stronger with every year that passes.

When I became pregnant with Jack, shortly there after, she became pregnant with Connor, and history repeated itself when we were pregnant with our daughters.

(Laura pregnant with Emma Kate-12weeks, Me pregnant with Madeline- (My water broke 6 hours after this photo)
There is something so special about being pregnant at the same time as one of your close friends.  It makes the whole experience even better.

You have someone to complain about your aches and pains, and someone to call when something crazy is going on somewhere in your body.  Someone to read you "What to Expect when you are Expecting" while you are in labor...to confirm you actually are in labor....(and because you bought the book....but didn't read a single page)

It should be said that there is more to Laura and Heidi than just Birthin babies....

Although....
She is the only woman I know that can make driving a Mini Van look Sexy.

That being said....
We still know how to have a good time.....

No matter

The occasion....

She is a true friend. 
I know that she will always be there for me.


Laura and I talk everyday.

Sometimes twice.

or more....

:)

And we still haven't run out of things to talk about.

Sometimes our days are hectic and our phone call happens after the kids are in bed.

Laura will call me from the tub.

Seriously.

The call goes something like this:

Me: Hey! What's up! I didn't hear from you today! What are you doin?
Laura: Nothin....Just got the kids down..having a glass of wine...
Me: In the Tub?
Laura: Totally.

;)

It takes a true friend to talk to you when she knows you are totally naked....
Or sitting on the toilet....

Either way...

(Hey!  You do what you gotta do!)

It's all about Multi Tasking...

I cherish our Friendship and am so thankful she is in my life.

She is honest and kind and thoughtful.

She will tell me not to buy those expensive shoes and to pay PG&E.

She is my husbands advocate when he occasionally needs one...

She is my sounding board, my advice giver, my advice taker.

She is my friend.

And I love her.

Happy Birthday Lor!


Here's to many, many more!

(it should also be said that Laura is the original picture whore...and had she been the poster of this post, she would have had pictures of our friendship from 1994-Present....she's awesome like that....and organized...  I on the other hand do what I can..... and in my defense....for what I lack in pictures, I made up for on Sunday when I started her Birthday week with Cheesecake Bars and Double Chocolate Brownies, Delivered.  So. There.)

5 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY LAURA!

    (Um, Heidi totally called you a whore... ;)

    Cheesecake bars and double chocolate brownies? Where do I place my birthday order???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all these pics and love Laura!! happy birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you too lady! Thanks for the post! I twas a lot of fun. Teegs...you gotta move closer if you want those kinda benefits! And ummmm....somebody's gotta be the whore :)

    ReplyDelete