Search This Blog

Monday, March 14, 2011

Welcome to the Club!

Remember me talking about my Catholic Club....

Well....

Yesterday, I'm proud to announce that Anna Banana joined our club.

*please look closely at the priest's feet.....gotta love CA priests. ;)*

When Rose was planning the event, I raised my hand to help in any way that I could.

The thing I love most about Roseanne is her breeziness, and her tendency to agree with any idea I come up with.

So....

She let me have free reign of the baptism reception.

Love. That.

So I picked exactly what I would have done for my own daughter, had she been Baptized in Spring.

Lilac and Maize
(for my male readers...Purple and Yellow)

With lots and lots of Tulips

The menu included:
Pesto pasta salad, croissant sandwiches, baby green garden salad and tomato and turkey pinwheels.

(I promise I will share the pesto salad recipe very soon.)

I asked Tammie from Sinful Bliss to do the cupcakes.
They were gone in 2.5 seconds...

Here she is in all her Glory.
(How adorable is this baby??!!)

There's nothing I love more than throwing a party....So thank you Roseanne for letting me do my thing.
And thank you to all my helpers who made the day perfect.  Gram for being my sidekick, and driving to a million stops to get yellow tulips, who knew that would be so hard??  To Laura for saving the day and helping with floral arrangements.  To Tegan for bringing every vase in her home. To Brit for keeping my children entertained for two days straight.  And to my husband for being the cutest parking attendant I've ever seen...and for making it possible for me to help Roseanne on this very important day. 

Love you all.

It's so hard to have one of your best friends live across the country, I'll miss you Rose. 
but I know...
We'll see each other very soon....

And for what it's worth....

I throw a mean 1st Birthday Party...

I'm just sayin....

6 comments:

  1. I made the pesto pasta salad for dinner last night, because I didn't want to be rude and go back for seconds (fine, thirds...) at the shower yesterday. Everything was perfect, you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, I love all these people! Especially that little baby. So sad I couldn't be there, but it looks like it turned out amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did an AMAZING job Heidi! It was a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. In your defense Tegan....your plate was MUCH smaller than others....

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe YOU are thanking ME in this post. Exactly how many stores did you go to to find those yellow tulips? Everything was perfect, and I'm so glad you like doing this stuff...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Um, the title of this post if hilarious!

    ReplyDelete