Search This Blog

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St. Patricks Day!

In our house, St. Patricks Day is a BIG deal.

Like Christmas Big.

Gram has been throwing her annual St. Patricks Day party for YEARS now.

This year.....

was super low key.

I missed seeing all the family and friends, but did not miss helping with clean up.

;)

We still had all the fixin's

Gram makes the best corned beef on the planet.

Mashed potatoes with spinach, home-made horseradish cream, and of course Cabbage!

Madeline especially loved the Cabbage
(shocker)

I washed it all down with some Smithwick's- my FAVORITE Irish beer.

I wore green all day...
And so did
The rest 
of the gang.
:)

Dessert was equally delicious
Irish Potatoes from See's
and 
Yum!

The main topic of the night was NEXT St. Patricks Day
When these two TIE THE KNOT!
WOOT! WOOT!

We are going to look at venue's this weekend!  Stay Tuned...

Even though this year St. Patty's was on the down low, we still had fun!

Hope your day was good too!
Happy St. Patricks Day!!!


3 comments:

  1. Okay, I don't even eat corned beef and my stomach just growled. I love Gram!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your brother is absolutely cracking me up. Does Britt really know what she's getting into? Lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i need to try your gram's corned beef because all the other ones I have tried are no bueno (and, I am Irish also) I make Guinness Stew instead...yum! And, how fun that your brother is getting married on St. Patty's day?!?!

    ReplyDelete