Search This Blog

Monday, March 21, 2011

My Entourage. Mary's Party-Part 2

Lately......

I have been off my game.

I'm usually so on top of my parties.  I know all the details, and can anticipate the parties demands even before the party knows it has demands.

With Anna's Baptism....

I brought my "A" game.

I was so organized, so prepared.  I kept thinking to myself....This is so much fun!  Why don't I do this for a living???

Even with the Flu, I pulled it together and with the help from others pulled off the party without a flaw.

But Mary's party.....

Mary's party snuck up behind me and knocked me on my ass.

Maybe it was because Mary is so breezy and easy.  We were eating Mexican food that was catered for God's sake?!  How much easier could it be???

Regardless...

I could not have been less prepared for her party.

And even still.... by some miracle.....

It was a wonderful party.

I have been known to bite off more than I can chew at times.....

This month with the Flu, Anna's Baptism, Work Demands, Sick Children, My husband working nights, planning a last minute trip to Tahoe to help Brit and Ben choose a wedding venue......

I was a bit stretched.

But I wouldn't change it for anything.  I love doing this stuff, and sometimes you just have to think outside the box and drink some extra Soda's to get it done.

When Coke Zero does not do the trick, sometimes you have no choice but to completely rely on your Entourage.

Every woman has an entourage. Whether they admit it or not.

I'd like you to see what my living room looked like the Morning of Mary's Party


and my Kitchen:


And here I am trying to get ready for the day with Madeline as my Make up assistant, and holding the phone making last minute party plans
(Mom thought it was hilarious that I was multi-tasking and quickly grabbed her camera)

I felt that my Entourage needed some recognition.

They truly saved my butt this time.

I was still in jeans with no make up when the guests started to arrive.  The party started at 4pm.  At 3:55 I was still cutting tomatoes for the tossed salad.  I had not wrapped my gift, or two of the game prizes.  All the food was not out, and my hair was not done.

I was a mess.

Without the following people this party would have been a disaster.

My Husband, for understanding how important these events are and being extremely accommodating and doing whatever I ask of him- including leaving our home for 8 hours so we could have girl time.  My Mother for coming down on a moments notice and being my right hand gal, even though she was supposed to just be a guest and enjoy the party.  She went to every store, cleaned up after what she calls "Hurricane Heidi" and completed tasks before I even asked her.  She also whipped up Mary's sash she wore, and helped me pick out all the gifts and picked up the catering. My Grandmother who decided Jack should have a sleepover the night before the party, because she knew how much I had on my plate. My MIL and FIL who had the kids Saturday to Monday and really made it possible for me to host 2 events at my home on Saturday. My good friend Laura who showed up ready to party and could immediately see the look of "I'm a mess" on my face, swooped in without hesitation and wrapped my gifts, helped plate food, and became my other right hand gal.  She really saved the day.  She also cleaned up after the party- She did all the dishes.  Including my chafing dishes!  My entire kitchen was immaculate!  Laura made the party transition from Bridal Shower to Bachelorette party so easy for me.  Brit came over on Friday night to help me prep, and she was with me Saturday Morning as well. Love that Girl.  Lynne next door who had 30 pens for all the games we played, and let me take all her folding chairs, and her folding table, and dug out a table cloth 1 hour prior to the party-Lynne always has just what I need, no matter what I ask for, and usually I'm asking 10 minutes prior to every event I throw at my house..   Mary, the Guest of honor- hired a maid to clean my house as a gift, so I would have more time to prep for the party.  Who does that??  She is amazing, and when I told her I would not let her , she told me she would not take no for an answer.  The other Bridesmaids, Lisa and Debbie. Debbie took on part of the cooking and did the cake, and Lisa printed all of the games, coordinated Mary's bachelorette accessories, and helped plan the whole party from Texas.

How could I not look like I had it all together with all of this help????

Sometimes I feel like the Great and Powerful Oz, but know deep down I'm just a tiny person, with a huge curtain hiding the truth.

Thank you to my Entourage for making me appear like the Great and Powerful Oz.



I love you all.

2 comments:

  1. I thought it was more hilarious that Madeline was doing her make up too! Just like mommy. Too cute! And you are quite welcome. Anytime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that was of no help at the the party. In fact, I was distracting your entourage! Next time I will be on clean up crew...promise.

    ReplyDelete