Search This Blog

Monday, March 21, 2011

Let's Party!

This weekend was quite a whirlwind.

Saturday was the Bridal Shower for my longtime childhood friend Mary.

I could go on and on about Mary, but that's for another time.....
I will say that she is a wonderful friend, and I could not think of anyone more deserving of all the happiness in the world.

Mary has three besties Debbie, Lisa and me.
Combined there is 64 years of friendship.  That's a whole lotta friendship!
The shower was thrown at my home, and hosted by the three of us.

Mary received so many gifts.  It was clear that her favorite were the ones monogramed with her new last name.

I'm not usually a fan of games at parties, but that was Mary's only request.

There had to be LOTS of games.

So that's what we did.

We played Wedding Bingo, and "What's in your Purse?", "Mary can't say the Groom's Name", We also played "How well does Mary know the Groom?".  Every time she got one wrong she had to chew a piece of Bubbalicious.
I have to admit....this one was my favorite.

I wish I had more pictures.

The food was catered by Los Panchos- Mexican food was the Bride's request.  We had Margarita Punch, and Chips and Salsa. The house was decorated with purple and pink flowers (the Brides favorite colors), There was a HUGE cake Debbie made in the shape of a wedding dress.

Since Lisa lives in Texas, we decided to do the Bachelorette Party immediately following the Bridal Shower.  So the Bridal Shower was from 4 to 7, and then the Bachelorette Party was from 7:30 till......

For the Bachelorette Party we had lots of wine, assorted cheese and crackers, fresh fruit, chocolate covered strawberries, shrimp cocktail (requested by the Bride)

I have no pictures of the tables of food, the favors, the cake........

People were taking pictures like crazy......but none with my camera....

So boo.....these are the few that I have above.

I will say Mary had a fantastic time, and we were still living it up until the wee hours of the morning....

but no photos to prove it..

I don't have a single photo from the Bachelorette party.

Maybe that's not a bad thing.....

Mary's wedding is April 16th.

I will be taking lots and lots of photos then.....even if I have to hide my camera in my bouquet.

Love you Mary!  Can't wait for your Big Day!

3 comments:

  1. You did a superb job! You two are lucky to have each other as friends. Such a special relationship. And, thank you for including me. I had a wonderful time. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how fun. :) Can't wait to hear about the bachelorette party!

    ReplyDelete