Search This Blog

Monday, April 4, 2011

Napa. And then a Nap-a.

During one of Laura and my talks, she mentioned how much she would like to go wine tasting for her Birthday, but totally understood it just wasn't the right time for everyone...

Laura and I are similar people.  Always wanting to be the surprise-r and in charge of most events for our family and friends. Never the surprise-e.

I wanted Laura to know she was important, and to have her day in the sun.

So that's what I did.

Here are a few known facts about Laura.

She loves wine.
She loves picnics.
And 
She loves her friends.

Planning the event was easy.

We got a sweet deal on a limo.
Sweet deals on wine tastings.
and almost all of our friends could make it.

Napa here we come!


The first stop was at Buena Vista.  I have never been here before, and it's just beautiful.

The outdoor wine tasting was so much fun.

It was perfect weather. Warm, Sunny with a light breeze.
I decided it was the perfect place for our Picnic.

I pre-assembled boxes the morning of, and pulled out my vintage table cloths my MIL gave me.
(I could not have been so prepared, had my Mother not been in town. She was the perfect Sous Chef. She helped me assemble and get ready the morning of.)

Included in the ladies individual lunch boxes were Pesto Prosciutto Caprese Sandwiches on Ciabatta bread, Roasted Shrimp Orzo Salad, and Double Chocolate Brownies with Macadamia Nuts.


Jaime couldn't wait to dig in.

The winery provided us with a glass of wine of our choice to go with our lunch after our tasting.

So Nice!


On to V. Sattui!

They let us taste from the Barrels!
Delicious!

They were so nice to let us all into the private tasting room. It's so much fun down there.
There was
lots
and lots
of wine
 
consumed....
I think the Birthday Girl had a very good time....

Especially on the way home....
I have lots and lots of pictures of the ride home.....

Did I mention that there was A LOT of wine consumed.....






Happy Birthday Laura!

We got home at 6.  I was in bed by 7. Thank god for my wonderful husband who took care of everything.  I appreciate all you do Honey!

And thank you to all my girls who made this day possible.

It was a success!
maybe too much of a success......  
;)

I need another Nap-a.

6 comments:

  1. I can't take it! Such great pics. I love the last one of Laura.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My entire body hurts from the jealousy. So much fun!! You are such a great friend to plan that surprise.

    PS anytime you want to surprise me with wine, I'm down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That picture of Linds with the "Wine A Lot" coaster is hilarious. And the one of Britt in the limo... I know that look...

    Hope you feel better tomorrow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE those pics of everyone sipping wine!
    Ohhh, that limo was fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks like SO much fun! And I am dying over those little box lunches. You are amazing, Heidi Kirby!

    ReplyDelete