Search This Blog

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Happy Birthday Pop!

Happy Birthday to My Pop.

I know you hear me talk about My Gram all the time....and rarely mention my Pop.  Believe me when I say My love for Gram is equal to that for my Pop.

He is the Greatest.

He is Patient and Joyful, and Loving, and Kind and Perfect.

Perfect Poppie.
(if you listen closely enough you can hear my Grandmother sigh loudly)

Everyone sees Pop as the Perfect Man.

I'm sure Gram knows the truth as his significant other for 56 years.....

But I'm going to keep believing, just as I have since I was young.

I have to apologize for the delay in getting this Post out to Pop.  I have been without my computer for 4 days, and didn't realize that I wouldn't be able to get this post out until I got it back. But luckily it was returned just in time!

I remember as a young child, hearing the door knob turn to the front door and racing to jump into his arms. 

I remember many a fashion show after Gram and my shopping excursions, and him oooooing and ahhhhhing with as much enthusiasm as any run way designer.

He always had a way of making me feel so special. 

I remember him patiently explaining my Chemistry homework to me when I wanted to pull my hair out. 

I remember the look on his face the day I went to Prom, the day I got married, and the day both my children were born. 

There has never been a doubt in my mind of the pride he feels when he looks at me.

He makes me feel like I can do anything.

Conquer the world.....
(if I wanted to...)

The love he has given to me my whole life is a gift I will cherish forever.

He is the most giving man I have ever met. 

He has always been there for me. 

Always.

He is a wonderful Father, Uncle, Brother, Grandfather and Great-Grandfather.

He is MY POP.

And I adore him more than he will ever know.

Happy Birthday, Pop.
I love you!

3 comments:

  1. Awwww, man, now I need a hankie. Yes, we love Pop. Oh so much. And it was YOU who gave him his true grandfather name, Poppie. Happy Birthday Pop! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Pop! Love. Him.

    ReplyDelete