Search This Blog

Monday, April 25, 2011

Oma's in charge! Eeeeek!

I have 15 minutes.  Barney is on.  Snacks are doled out.  Time's a-wastin'.

To say I am tired is an understatement.  I AM  EGGGS-AUSTED!!  It's not because they did not sleep and were up all night.  Nope.  They slept.  But I laid awake listening to the monitor, whispering to Opa, "I don't hear anything, do you think she's okay???"  Memories of bringing home a newborn surfaced....

If you have not had children in the house for awhile, you forget.  It comes back.  Quickly.  And then you remember why God gives you children when you are younger.  It's because you are YOUNGER!!

So far today our list of what we have done before 1 pm:
1.  Breakfast
2.  Changed clothes twice
3.  One load of laundry
4.  Puzzles, saved from my kids - the old fashioned ones
5.  Read stories - several
6.  Found box of cars, LOTS of them - now everywhere
7.  Snack
8.  Watched Barney
9.  Played with telescope
10.  Lost shoes, the remote, puzzle pieces, socks, cars, Barbie shoe
11.  Spilled chocolate milk (see #2 and 3 above) all natural soy
12.  Put ponytails in Maddie and Barbie
13.  Changed poopie pants - twice
14.  Found the Tupperware cupboard
15.  Hid all Stewart's toys
16.  Had Time-Out
17.  Made cookies
18.  Lunch
19.  Had help with dishes
20.  Put on shoes, took off shoes, put on shoes, etc
21.  Pulled out ponytails
22.  Played hide-n-seek in the pantry (I won)
23.  Went for walk
24.  NAP TIME for one
25.  Quiet time for another
26.  Talked to Momma on the phone four times (really she's not worried one bit.)

So, thinking there would be some respite for me I was looking forward to nap/quiet time.  Then Opa came home for lunch.  Then Charles from UPS brought more work for Oma.  Jack got to check out the truck and the squeals of delight and horn honking woke up someone else.....But that's okay we have all afternoon.  AND five more days.....

If I could figure out the camera, there would be pics.  Maybe tomorrow......

6 comments:

  1. Wow Mom! You've done more before 1pm than I did all day!!!

    p.s. I call because I love you....not because I'm worried.....

    You're the best! Can't wait to hear how the rest of the week goes!

    You are doing Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can go stay at Oma's? Sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm exhausted just reading this post. And Heidi, you called FOUR times before 1pm? Wait, why am I surprised, sometimes you call me twice before 9am... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Camp Oma still has a few openings for its summer session. Make sure to get all your paperwork in on time and don't forget to have your parents sign a waiver. Potty trained not a necessity, must love water sports. Also, we have a few openings for counselors...must love kids, payment is in cookies and kisses.

    ReplyDelete