Search This Blog

Monday, January 3, 2011

Move over Cheesecake Factory....

So....

I'm not a baker.   By any means. 
I have always been a cook. There is no exact science to cooking, I can improvise-throw in a little of this and a little of that-and it will still be delicious.  Baking is so precise.  And I hate following the rules.....

But....

this weekend for Gram's B-day...

 I made this:
White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Caramel Cheesecake

Oh. My. Lord.

I was so proud of myself.

I knew I wanted something new to surprise Gram with for her Birthday dessert.  

I recently had lunch at the Cheesecake Factory and had a slice of their version.  As I was enjoying every mouth watering bite, I thought to myself, I wonder if I could recreate this....

So I went home, googled the recipe and found it from a fellow blogger!

If you would like to try it, you can click here.

Someone did all my dirty work for me and re-created the recipe!  So nice!  

It really was quite easy, I followed her instructions to the "T". 

Although my professional baking sous chef (Mom) was right by my side to help me just in case I had a baking emergency......

it still turned out just like the Cheesecake Factory's version!

Mom kept saying that she didn't like cheesecake.
But I found her sneaking in a whole slice!!

Here is the finished product complete with Caramel and Macadamia nut topping....
This Cheesecake is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G.

Make it at home and impress your friends.

It even got Grams seal of approval!

Happy Baking!

6 comments:

  1. Oh for Pete's sake...does every pic you post of me have to have my mouth wide open?? Seriously. Okay, back on track. This MOG IS going to get back into shape!! Please Miss Heidi don't make this cheesecake until AFTER the wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know how you're coming to MN in a couple of weeks?...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmmm....can't wait to try that one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yuuuuuuummmmmmm..... you know how you are going to MN in a couple of weeks...?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok...you, me and this cheesecake have a date the 2nd week of Aug! Can't wait!!!

    ReplyDelete