Search This Blog

Saturday, September 25, 2010

A nice little Saturday...Creekside style

Before I start posting photos of my Saturday..... Let me start with a little information before you see my daughters poor little face....

If you read my last post, you would know that My Brittany had the kids for the evening.  Here is a photo of Madeline the next morning on the car ride to school.

Madeline has her first black eye.

The first words out of Brit's mouth when she dropped the kids off were

"Please don't blog about this!"

:)

Poor Brit.

 Maddie took a spill, hit the corner of a table. And now has a shiner. 
(on a another note-  under that shiner are bite marks.....she also was bit at school by one of the boys....this just isn't Maddie's week!)
So please disregard my daughters beat up face.  

Now onto our Saturday.....

This weekend is the Annual Walnut Festival in my hometown of Walnut Creek.

This was Jack and Madeline's first trip to the festival.

Jack was in heaven.  He could not get to the rides fast enough.



Daddy felt that Jack was old enough for some big boy rides....

I was hesitant...


But..

He LOVED it!


Maddie and I waited while the boys had their fun


And then it was Maddie's turn!
Daddy's such a good sport!
(I love this picture so much....My tough husband and his little girl...If his Marine buddies could see him now.....)

Jack thought the port-a-potties were an attraction all on their own:
Every time we passed one...he suddenly had to go to the bathroom....

Jack was definitely not ready for his fun to end...

He didn't know that Skip's was in his future....

A Treat
for
Everyone.

They had fun playing games....
(Jack was very patient with his sister)
Maddie even climbed into the tunnel all by herself!


While we were there we had a few surprises:

Uncle Ben and Aunt Brit met us for some cheesy goodness


and just as we were finishing...


Laura and Connor showed up!

You just never know who you'll run into on a warm Walnut Creek night....

I love this town.





















5 comments:

  1. Such great pics! (Except Maddie's black eye...poor baby)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maddy is beautiful, even with the black eye.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun weekend!! I am totally moving back to Walnut Creek ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was awesome seeing you guys Sat night...what a nice surprise! Thanks for encouraging me to blog Sun, and not wait.

    ReplyDelete