Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Home again, home again....

I just got back from my looooong weekend away......and I am so tired I want to die.  Why is it that the older I get the more exhausted I am upon my return? 

I have to say the trip was worth every wink of sleep I did not obtain.  I had such a wonderful time with my girlfriends.  That being said.....  Let's review:

Remember when I said that I was no longer allowed to check baggage....well..... sometimes the airline takes your bag whether you want them to or not.  Tegan was also on the flight of "one bag allowed", and when we boarded, the flight attendant ripped it from her fingers and assured her that it would be just outside the plane when we arrived at our final destination.  She looked like an honest woman....why would we not trust her....

We exited the plane at 4:45 am on Saturday morning after one lay-over and four screaming babies later.  Lindsey and I were off long before Tegan.  Then we waited, and waited and waited.  They say a picture's worth a thousand words:



The flight attendants were walking up the ramp. Still no Tegan.  They had forgotten Tegan's luggage on the ramp outside the plane, and flew off leaving it far behind in lovely Sacramento.  Let's just say we were not Happy Campers. 


Luckily, we had a nice chauffeur and a nap before the weekend's festivities began.

We started our Ladies Weekend at the Minnesota State Fair.  They should just call it "The fair that puts all other fairs to shame."  I have to admit.  I was impressed.  Here are some highlights:



Within three minutes of walking into the fair, I had these little babies in my hand.  Deep Fried Cheese Curds. Delicious.

A few steps away was my favorite stand of the day:



The Pickle Stand. Fried, Stuffed and Oversized.
Amazing.



Chocolate Dipped Frozen Bananas were enjoyed by some....



We ended our excursion with the most incredible melt in your mouth goodness, and all you can drink milk.

I think I gained back 10 of my 18 lbs just in Saturday alone.

I'm not gonna lie.  Totally worth it.

By the time we had returned from the fair, Tegan's luggage had magically appeared! Yay US Airways. Way to get it together! 


Sunday was a  fun filled day celebrating all things GIRL. 



The weather Gods shined down upon us and it was a fabulous day all the way around.


This was our view at brunch
Perfect. Perfect. Perfect.


Our day ended with a meal fit for a King.



The most delicious Chinese food EVER.  Go ahead. Be Jealous.  It was Awesome.

Everyone had left by the time Lindsey and I rolled out of bed on Monday morning.  Which meant we had a private tour guide for the day!

Where does one enjoy their last 12 hours in Sunny Minnesota?  The Mall of America of course!


 O-V-E-R-W-H-E-L-M-E-D

Me. Heidi.  The shopper of all shoppers, the queen of the strip mall, the power walking, get out of my way I see a clearance rack, Heidi, could not handle the monstrosity this place calls a "Mall".  It took us 3 1/2 hours to do the first floor.  This place is no joke.  Wanna know what else is no joke? Minnesota has no sales tax on all things of necessity.  Did you know that shoes are of necessity?
I cannot confirm nor deny that there may or may not have been purchases of 5 pairs of shoes at this lovely establishment.  No sales tax AND Labor day weekend??!!!
The shopping Gods were shining down upon us as well.

The weekend was so, so, so, great.  I can't wait for the next girls trip.  I just wish these weekends weren't so few and far between.

I will just have cherish the time we do have with each other.


And be thankful for my friendships with the most amazing set of women on the planet.

Love you B's.

7 comments:

  1. There were some little faces happy to see their mom home again. And one big daddy face, very happy to see you arrive home. I am so glad you were able to spend time with the girls. Always a needed trip, no matter what the circumstances are - new job, new baby, marriage, etc. They will never get old, even if you do.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww-some. I can't believe you didn't include the story of how the 5th pair of shoes may or may not have been purchased.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for posting about your weekend. I kept checking in because I wanted to know! Unrelated question: why is the self service frozen yogurt so much cheaper in your town than in mine?

    ReplyDelete
  4. S...I'm not sure. Move here and it won't matter! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm going to need to hear that story about the 5th pair of shoes... Nice summary. I think I will just link my blog to yours. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. US Airways had better give me a free flight...

    Love your pictures though! Especially that last one of all of us. :) So jealous of the shopping and the Chinese food I didn't get to participate in...

    ReplyDelete