Search This Blog

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Bring on the Yoga Pants

This weekend I'm heading out on a jet plane...... And for once in my life....I'm packing light.

What I should say is I'm being forced to pack light.

Lindsey and I have been traveling together for years.  On occasion, we have been known to rent a larger car to accomodate our luggage.  We used to live by the Girl Scout motto,  Always be prepared.  You know..10 pairs of heels, 8 swim suits, outfits you might wear, or your friend might wear, 3 handbags...whatever.  Prepared.

This trip is different.  Lots of things have changed about me over the years.  Overpacking is not one of them.  Sure the girls roll their eyes when they see me chuck my enormously overstuffed Pepto Bismol pink luggage out of the back of the car and roll it to the front desk, but you don't see them rolling their eyes when they come to me for outfit options when they don't like their own picks from their "lightly" packed bags.

Lindsey has politely requested that I don't bring ol' Pepto on this trip.  And I can't blame her. I don't want to bring it either.  For a multitude of reasons.  So I'm not.  I just finished packing and after 13 phone calls complaining to my girls that I am going to look like hell and have no clothes, I have packed light.  What used to hold just my Bathroom essentials, will now contain my entire weekends wardrobe. Including the dress I have to wear to the event the weekend is centered around.

There will be no: "Hey I have the perfect shirt for those Jeans!" or "Try these heels, they are taller and will make your legs look better." Or even, "Oh! You're cold?  Here.  I brought 3 extra sweaters."

Nope.  Not this weekend. This weekend is about letting it all hang out, and not caring about the way we look. Just about the company we keep.  Yoga Pants for everyone!

I can't wait.

Maybe this getting older thing is not so bad.....

6 comments:

  1. First of all we are going to Minnesota... not San Diego... not Tahoe. No offense Minnesota. But I heard about your state fair. Yoga pants here we come!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would just like to point out that Lindsey has ALREADY called me and asked me if I had a sweater she could borrow.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. No offense taken, Linds. Heidi forgot to point out that you guys have the flights from hell so checking a bag would only add to the misery. Thankfully, cheese curds are in your immediate future.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a good time in cheese curd country! I'm sorry I'll miss such a great weekend. Do you remember my sister actually mentioned how much I love yoga pants in her speech to me at my own wedding? I really love yoga pants.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As the person who will most likely be shoving your luggage in the over head bin, thank you for packing light.

    Then again, as the person who probably needs your wardrobe assistance the most, boo for packing light...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Um, what is wrong with YOGA PANTS!!!!????? It is all I everwhere. (But, you all know this.) Are you bringing your curling iron?

    ReplyDelete