Search This Blog

Monday, September 13, 2010

Madeline starts the long haul of education.

Today was Madeline's first day of school. Currently it will be daycare, but it will turn into her pre-school.  Jack has been there for a year and a half and has done very well.  For months now, when I drop Jack off, I bring Maddie in to get familiar with the facility and the other kids.  9 times out of 10 I leave carrying her under my arm, kicking and screaming because she wants to stay.   So I knew today being her first day, there would be no clutching of my leg or crying when I leave.

Jack is up at the lake with my Mom having a little Oma and Opa time, so it was just the two of us this morning.  I thought she might be a little shy without Jack......but no...She RAN from the car to the door:




She immediately sat down.  Ready to start her day.





I wish I had a better picture of her and her teacher, but Maddie has not been camera friendly lately...



Ms. Benu.  We LOVE her!
(please note, Maddie pulling the bow from her head-she's awesome)

I know, it's just a matter of time until I'm uploading the first day of high school...like someone else I know...
Awwww...Laura.....

3 comments:

  1. How can this be? You JUST had her! Ugh... I am so not ready for that moment...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love her first day of school outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love her outfit, too! But obviously she was not all that pleased with the bow...

    ReplyDelete