Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Happy Birthday Madeline!!

Two years ago today our family became complete.

When you graced us with your presence.

I had just gone on Maternity leave, and has lots planned in the two weeks before your due date....

But you decided you couldn't wait.
and were born 9 days early.  

You were so tiny.....

And Perfect.


It's no surprise that your Mama was very excited to have a girl.....
Dressing you up

has always been

one of Mommy's 

favorite
past times.
And you are such a good sport about it.

Sometimes...

you like to dress yourself.....

In two short years you have managed to pretty much wrap every single person around your tiny little finger. 

Especially
This Guy.

It's also no secret that you completely adore your brother

You can't get enough of him, and want to spend every waking second right next to him.  And for being 5 I have to say he is very patient with you.

When I look back on the last two years, I can't believe how much you have changed.  
  You have learned so much. 

 FINALLY we can communicate with you.  For so long, it was a guessing game.  But now, you can very clearly ask for what you want.  And boy  do you know what you want... 

(I don't know where you get that from)

From age 1 to age 2 one of the most exciting changes was your hair coming in!

Mom waited a very long time to be able to do this
and
this!

You still love to dance, you love music, you LOVE your shoes, and you love, love, love your baby dolls.  You have to sleep with all of them.  You also cannot sleep without your king size pillow, 4 blankets, and your beloved Nie-Nie that Great Grandma Robertson hand-knitted for you.  Every night I still rock you to sleep after we read your 3 favorite books- Olivia (pronounced Wivia), There's a Wocket in my Pocket (pronounced Mocket) and your all time favorite-Curious George (pronounced OOOoo-AhhAhh- you refuse to say Monkey) I still sing you your na-night song, which now you sing along with me while I rock you. 

You have now expanded into two word sentences.  You will say Thank you and Please, and say the name of the person assisting you.  You still have special words for some items, and as often as we try and correct you, you like the way your vocabulary sounds better. 

Water=Bap-bee
Brittany=Mott-ney
Bananna=yalalaglalalal
Blanket-Nie-nie
Benu=Nu-nu
Lynne=Yen
Jack=Yack
Love you=yuv oooooo
Cat=Ki-Ki
Please=Peas
Thank you=Tank Too

Your love to spend time with Lynne next door.  She is pretty much your favorite person on the planet. 

You also love to chase our cat Guiness all over the house, you love Monday's with Brittany and Tuesday's with Mary and Wednesday-Friday with Benu.  Your favorite food is Strawberries.  There really isn't much that you will turn away.  You seem to have your Mother's palate which is great! (as long as you don't get your mothers metabolism...)  You also love-yogurt, cottage cheese, pickles, any green salad, cheese, milk, bagels, pancakes, granola bars, fruit snacks, ice-cream....the list goes on and on.

You have always been an incredibly happy child.  Always smiling and full of energy and joy.  

However.....

Lately...
We've been seeing a lot of this face

And this face...

But we understand that almost being Two is rough.....

and we are hoping it's not too terrible for you for too long....

You are very determined to do things yourself and I can tell it kills you to ask for assistance.  Sometimes Mommy doesn't understand your special language and you act like a tourist in a foreign country and continue to repeat the same thing over and over, and get louder and louder with each attempt to make me understand you.  And no matter how loud you say it, I still have no clue what you are trying to communicate to me.  

But I still love you!

You make me laugh every day.  You bring so much joy to our home.  And your Daddy and I are so thankful you made our family complete. You will always be my baby.  

My baby Girl.

I am so lucky to be your Mom. 

Happy Birthday Maddie, Mads, Monkey, Miss. Mcgee, little Mama, Madeline!

We Love you so much!!

5 comments:

  1. Aw, happy birthday, Maddie! Lucky girl and lucky Mama!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Happay Birthday Maddie! I love her hair!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I sooo remember that first dress up picture with all the pink and the ruffles. :)

    Happy Birthday Maddie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw Maddie! Happy Birthday! She is so freaking cute. And I definitely remember her being perfect... I had my "spirited" baby at your house once, and there was Maddie just chillin in her crib. No crying, no fussing. It was really annoying at the time... but I'm glad you got such a perfect baby. :)

    ReplyDelete