Search This Blog

Friday, July 29, 2011

Back from the Lake!

I think it should be said, that some vacations are vacations...relaxing...lots of sleep.....someone cooking all your meals....

So....

I'm going to call our week, a Trip to the Lake.

Lots of work....but so worth these smiles


We just got back from our annual week stay on the houseboat.

I will say we had LOTS of fun.....I will also say that today all that fun has caught up with us...and we are very, very tired.....

Here are some pics from the 400 I took this week.

Dad trusted me to drive the patio boat all by myself this year....(with minimal supervision-I must be growin up!)

Dad had his hands full driving the Houseboat to our perfect sandy beach

I helped anchor the boat.
(Again...proof I'm outdoorsy....I'm just sayin...)

This year had lots of Jet Ski time...


the girls did everything the boys did this year!

Including wake boarding!
(That's right- yours truly UP on a wakeboard behind the boat)

I had a very fashionable spotter

There was tubing...
Lots
and
lots
of
Tubing

Madeline ESPECIALLY loved the tube.  We couldn't get her out of it.  She would yell TUBA! TUBA! Whenever we took her out.

She was quite the Natural, and everything her brother did...she did.
Including the slide!

She had the best time. And So did Barbie....

Sunbathing with Barbie....
Breakfast with Uncle Nick and Barbie's
(Please note the two dolls on Uncle's lap)

Barbie even had to Tan with Mommy

Aunt B and I were determined to get some Sun....

So was Mr. Kirbyface.
(Please note: I purchased this Princess pool to use on the boat in case Madeline was afraid to get in the lake- she had absolutely no fear this weekend, and her pool turned into everyone's favorite float)


(Benny and Brit-having some kid-free time)


We tried some new recipe's this trip
BBQ Rubbed Tri-Tip
Bacon Pancakes
Berry salad with Pomegranate seeds
Which Madeline loved!


Uncle Benny even made breakfast one morning


We played Games

Jack loved Uno.
(Don't we all??)

And I was undefeated at the Game of Life....
(now if I could just master it outside of the board game...)

There was Hiking to a Waterfall

after crossing an icy river.
(Jack was such a trooper!)

There was LOTS of water time...

And Modeling of birthday presents...

Amazing Views

And one on one lessons from My Dad.
(Jack didn't get up this year, but he was SO close...next year for sure...unless Madeline beats him to it...which at this point is quite possible)

Quality time was spent with Oma
(*please note pink pool*)


And with Uncles...

Nothing like Tom and Jerry on the Ipad for the kids....

I would say we had a very good time....

Don't let me fool you....there were moments of Leisure.....

But I'm definitely ready for a Nap....

It might just take me till next year to recover....

Thank you to my Mom and Dad who let us come up every year and provide us with endless memories and fun we will never forget.  We love you!

Now....to bed.....

3 comments:

  1. I am so jealous I cannot see straight... looks like so much fun! You definitely got your money's worth with that pink pool :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want that! And I totally know what you mean about vacations no longer being vacations, and becoming "trips". Not entirely relazing, but amazing experiences for the whole family none-the-less. Awesome pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pics! Can't believe Maddie went down the slide!

    ReplyDelete