Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Toasty, Toast, Toast.

In February of this year I joined Toastmasters.

That's right.

Toastmasters.



For those of you who don't know what that is, it's a group that meets weekly to improve public speaking, and Leadership skills.  And it's Everywhere.

I had no idea how big of a thing it was until I joined. There are huge competitions all over the United States. And there are districts everywhere that meet weekly, just like our group does.

It's extremely organized and very intimidating. 

I've been observing for weeks now.....

But today..

I spoke.

For the first time.

for 4-6 minutes.

I was SOOOOOO nervous.

But I killed it.

:)

(If I do say so myself....)


And 

I even got a Ribbon!
(for those of you who can't see-it says Best Speaker!)

I haven't felt this proud of myself since I gave birth!
:)

Make fun if you want.  This may lead to something big.....

Or....

 just improve my lectures to Jack as he gets older....

;)

Either way..... 

It's good stuff, and I'm glad I joined. 

5 comments: