Search This Blog

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Happy Birthday Brit!!

Happy Birthday Girl!


Sooooo...

By now, most of you know who Brit is.

I know I tend to talk about her A LOT.


I have to admit I spend most of my time with her.  And I love every second of it.


Brittany and I met in 2003 when she was dating my Brother Ben, they were High School sweethearts and I would run into her at My Mom's house occasionally.

When I got pregnant in 2005 I was talking to My Mom about who was going to watch our Son once he was born.  I knew that I couldn't put him into daycare right away, and was hoping for an in home Nanny.  (You know, cause I'm loaded and all.....)
My Mom said... "You know...Brittany is one of 7 kids, and I heard that she was looking for a new job, I bet she'd be perfect!"

And she was.

The rest is History.  Brittany started watching Jack when I went back to work.  I knew she was the right candidate after we had a "trial" run and she had Jack for the first time one afternoon.  Let's just say Jack wasn't the easiest baby....He had colic and would scream cry every time someone other than Clay and I held him.  I walked up to the house expecting to hear tears.  Nothing.  The house was silent.  I walked up the stairs to find Brit in the rocker with a sound asleep baby on her chest.  I was amazed. And knew instantly I had made the right decision.


What I love most about Brit is that we can be doing absolutely nothing and still have a great time.  There are many a night that we just hang on my couch and just veg out, and I love that.

We also can be out on the town and have just as much fun.


The amount of help she has provided me over the years is infinite .

I don't know what I would do without her.

My children adore her, I adore her, she is the best.

Growing up, there was nothing I wanted more, than to have a sister.  Instead God blessed me with  3 brothers.  Which kinda worked out perfectly, because if Benjamin had been a girl, I never would have met Brit, and wouldn't have her in my life.  And God knows I need Brit.  (He's so smart-why mess with God's plan-he knows exactly what he's doing)

And now.....

I finally get my Sister.  And I couldn't have hand picked her better myself.

She is patient, and kind, and giving, and thoughtful, and sweet and absolutely the perfect match for my little Brother.  I could not have been more thrilled the day he proposed to her.  She is the perfect addition to our family.  We all love her so much.


So Happy Birthday Lady.

I hope today is wonderful.

You deserve all the best life has to give.

Love you B!

4 comments:

  1. We love Brit! Happy Birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad the world didn't end so you could celebrate your bday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brit's hair is SO BLONDE in that first picture! Happy, happy birthday! I hope it was awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Brit! You ARE awesome!

    ReplyDelete