Search This Blog

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Birthday Rose!

Happy Birthday Rosebud!

I have been blessed with wonderful friends in my life.
I hold each of those friendships very dear to my heart.
I have many women that I have very close friendships and have known for many, many years.

But...

Of all the friendships in my life, there are 6 ladies, who I consider my Closest Friends.
They know who they are.

Of those 6...one was first.

And that was Rose.

Roseanne and I met in Drama. 6th period. 1994.
We clicked instantly...
And have been clicking ever since.

We have been through a lot together.

There is something to be said for longtime friendships.  Experiences happen and are forever etched in your mind.  An unspoken bond between friends.  And from that moment on...when  something happens, a look between two people can speak novels without saying a word.

She is a kindred spirit.

She is kind, and thoughtful, and well spoken, and funny, and unselfish, and patient, She is an amazing writer, and wonderful Mother and a true friend.

My Friend.

and I am so blessed to be able to say those words.

Not only is she my friend. But I am her friend.

To be a true friend of Roseanne's is to hit the friendship lottery.  She has few that she holds close and dear and I know I'm in that elite group.

She will do anything for her friends.

She is always there for me.
Always.

And she ALWAYS understands and knows just what to say no matter what ailment I present her.

When she moved to China, I tried to be as supportive as I could, but a small part of me never wanted to stop crying.  I hated having her so far away...

When she moved back, I was ecstatic!

She lived so close and was able to make it to the birth of my daughter.
Yes.  That is my leg, in the arms of Rose- Clayton to the right.
20 minutes after this photo, Madeline was born.
Rose was there for the whole thing.
Exhausted, she stayed, from 10pm to 12pm- she was there the whole time, and was one of the first faces my daughter saw when she entered the world.

I love that.

(this is how I see Rose- looking at me through life- constantly encouraging me.  Always there to tell me You. Can. Do. This!)

Rose moved shortly after Madeline was born.  And that was tough....but at least now she is only a 4 hour plane ride away.

I'm not gonna lie...when I visit her, I dream about me living in Pleasantville too, walking side by side sipping lattes(coke zero's) with our matching Bob Strollers complaining about the taxes and how wonderful the schools are for the kids......

And that may happen someday....

But for now, I'll take our daily phone calls 7am my time, 9am her time to catch up on what life has to offer us in 2011.....

and I know that tradition will continue well into 2061, because that's just how we roll.

I love you Roseanne!
  I'm SO lucky to have you in my life.
You mean more to me than you will ever know.

So Happy Birthday, and Happy 1st Mother's day. Anna is one lucky girl.


5 comments:

  1. BEST BIRTHDAY POST EVER! The feeling is more than mutual. Love you, Heidi! And I can't believe you posted that pic of me holding your leg. I will never forget that morning as long as I live!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great post. :) Happy birthday, Rose! I'm not gonna lie... I'd move to Pleasantville in a heart beat too, so make room on that sidewalk for 3 Bob's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this post! Happy Birthday Rose! You ARE an amazing friend and mom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, I'm a month behind on my blog reading, but I made it here eventually! Such a delightful post. And I LOVE that you posted those photos of Roseanne holding your leg!

    ReplyDelete