Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Target, how I love you...Let me count the ways.....

Clay and I have been going to Weight Watchers since May.  It's been 15 weeks. We both have done very well and have consecutively lost weight each week. (Some of us more then others.... he has testosterone-I think that may be the secret weight loss drug). Last Friday, I became a lifetime member.  Which means I have hit my weight goal, and as long as I stay within 2 lbs of that goal, I don't have to pay anymore. Yay!  So, of course, how does one celebrate?  Well....how else? You shop!  I immediately went out and started trying on clothes.  I started at Banana Republic, because as we all know, Banana runs big.  I was on the phone with Tegan in the dressing room, when I slipped on a pair of size 6 pants.  When I picked them up off the rack, I thought to myself....maybe they'll run big.... they slipped right on.  I couldn't believe it.  I stopped Tegan mid-sentence. "Teegs. You are never going to believe this.  I just tried on a size 6 and it fits!" Tegan being the friend that she is, immediately replied, "And I bet you look damn hot in em! Buy them!"  I left and figured, they were mismarked and did not purchase the "I can't believe I fit into a size size 6" perfect pants.  A few days later I was at Target.  In the sale section.  There they were, clearance size 4 and size 6 pants.  I thought to myself...should I press my luck....I was alone...Why not?  No one will see me stuffing my sausageness into a pair of pants that were clearly made for someone who has yet to give birth...... So in I went to press my luck.  They fit!  Both of them.  For the first time in my life something marked a 4 (with no 1 in front of it!) FIT ME.  I cannot tell you how quickly I was in line to purchase them.  I forgot, toothpaste, and toilet paper and everything else. Who cares! A Size 4.  So what do I do? I call my Friend.  My wonderful Friend Lindsey, who I have dreamed our entire friendship of being able to share clothes with.  And when I say share, I mean SHARE....because.... we all know, for years, she will wear my Citizens, or Joes, or whatever else she can pass off and still get away with being a "bit" baggy. (Truth of the matter is, I always buy my jeans too small and she always buys them too big-together we make the perfect size).  So, there I am...on the phone with Linds.  "Lindsey! You are not going to BELIEVE this... I just bought a size 4!"  Lindsey immediately responds (and a little too quickly I might add)  "WHAT?  Where did you get them? Who makes them?".  Not, "You must be Hot",  or "Oh my gosh I'm so proud of you!" Not even, "I can't wait to see them!".  Nothing.  Just questions regarding the manufacturer because clearly they were wrong. I could have killed her. She's lucky my love runs deep for her.  However, she is now currently on my -I will no longer call to brag if I don't want my parade peed on- list.  I will admit she's probably right.....  they were Target brand pants. On the sale rack. Totally mismarked I'm sure.  But I don't give a CRAP.  A size 4 in my book is a size 4. And THIS girl wants to call the chunky teenager in me from 1994 and tell her it's all going to be okay...someday, you and your hot friend Lindsey...will be able to share jeans, and it won't be because you bought them too small......

5 comments:

  1. Really, Lindsey! My favorite quote: "No one will see me stuffing my sausageness into a pair of pants that were clearly made for someone who has yet to give birth"

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY SIZE 4!!! That's awesome. And I doubt they were mismarked - give yourself some credit! P.S. Those pants are smaller than mannequin pants...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woooohoooo! Congrats my skinny friend! You've worked so hard for that size 4, and NO they are NOT marked incorrectly! Clay may lose weight faster, but you've hit LT before him!!!! Wooooohooooo (tear)....miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love this blog. Thanks for letting me peer into your life!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dude. You ARE hot. I don't care what size you are. ;)

    ReplyDelete