Search This Blog

Saturday, August 21, 2010

It's Saturday night. SAT-URRR-DAY NIGHT.

Clay and I have a weekend ritual. Saturday night is our night.  We get the kids to bed by 8pm sharp, whether they like it our not they are in there by 8. And then it's two episodes of cops (for Clay) and then whatever is on the food network at 9 (for me). It's not much, but it's something, and we both look forward to our quiet time together on the couch. Tonight our ritual was interrupted by Pre-season football. Damn Raiders.  I surfed and knew there would be nothing we would be able to agree on. So......On Demand it was!  I went to new releases, and we had seen everything. Well, everything but one.  The documentary Babies was just released. I have been dying to see it, but wasn't sure if Clay would be into it.  Then I remembered when I was pregnant with Jack, and Clay went with me to see March of the Penguins.  Clay surprisingly liked the movie as much as I did.  I'm not sure if it was because it was playing in the Dome, or if it was more enjoyable because we were 2 of 5 people in the entire theatre, or if the anticipation of our unborn child was softening my husbands tough UFC loving exterior, regardless, he liked it.  So I was sure to remind him of that when I mentioned it was on demand.  He agreed and Saturday night was ours again.  You HAVE to rent this movie.  If you have babies, are expecting babies, or just love babies.  It is AMAZING.  The cinematography is spectacular, and the story it tells is breathtaking.  It is truly an eye-opening experience, and you're gonna LOVE IT. Please, Please, Please make this your "Date Night" at home this Saturday night with your significant other.  You won't regret it. Now......back to my Saturday night...Who knows were the night may take us after the food network.....

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see it! I'll have to check to see if Redbox has it though... some of us don't even have cable, let alone something called "On Demand"... :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, date night!! I've heard such awesome things about that movie... must rent ASAP.

    ReplyDelete