Search This Blog

Sunday, August 15, 2010

If Kim can do it....So can I....

A long while back in the age before facebook and myspace, my friend Angie had a blog.  I had no idea what she meant when she asked, " Do you Blog?".  Blog? It was as if she was speaking Chinese.  Then, my most "Martha Stewart" friend Tegan became pregnant and started her blog for her unborn son Mason.  I then became quite familiar with blogging.  It's like spying on your friends, with permission. I LOVE that. I'm all for the phone, and believe me, I do my best at keeping in touch with my girls, but photos, and comments and stories, oh my! I was hooked.  Shortly there after, I became addicted to Cookie Mondays, an equally talented friend of Tegans, who inspires me everyday to be a better Mother, and Baker and Photographer, and to put down that Big Mac to be a size 6.  Then came Rose.  The writer of the group. The talented, English teaching, Heidi don't end that sentence with a preposition, soon to be a Pulitzer Prize winning, Rosebud. Whose Blog was like Cocaine to me.  I found myself checking it daily to see if there were any updates.  At that point, I had decided.  No way. No how, would I EVER do a Blog.  Please!  Look at my competition. And then came Bo.  Whose Blog is so clever, and has me laughing EVERY time I read it. I can truly get a sense of her through her words, and I love, love, loved that. I try my best to update myself on all of these amazing ladies Blogs as often as I can. And lately....as I look at their photos and click on their older entries, of their adorable children, and stories, and life.... I feel like they are so lucky to have everything in a collection. Everything in a place, so if they ever wonder what their child's first word was, or what they were doing July 4th of 2008, they would know, and have a reference... and I'm not gonna lie....I wanted that too.  I have bought storage containers for keepsakes, and baby books, and scrapbooks, and sworn I wouldn't forget all of these important dates....but I do.  All the time.  Which brings me to Kim.  Ahhhhhh Kim.  How I love me some Kim. Kim is the root of so many great stories.  And no matter what we throw at her, she can take it, just as well as she can dish it out.  I always saw Kim as a free spirit.  And as our friendship has grown, she never ceases to amaze me.  She is always the first text I receive on my birthday, and on my daughters Birthday for that matter, and she was the first Mother's Day card I ever received. Ever.  I love that about her.  She, like me, are both the reader of the Blog.  Not the Blogger.  Until today.  Her Chronicle starts today, as does mine.  So as long as this first entry may be ( I promise they won't all be this long...) I'm excited to start my Blog amongst the best company.  I'll say it again... If Kim can do it.....So CAN I.  Love you Kim, and welcome to the Heidi Kronicles ( a work in progress ) This one's for the girls...

6 comments:

  1. All I can say is 'About time'. Well, not all. How about, 'I'm so friggin' proud'. Oh, wait, can a mom say that? All these rules are flashing through my head. I guess it's not a time to be politically correct. I am friggin' proud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! The blog-gods have finally answered my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MAN! Am I in for some competition!!! Love it. Can't wait to read it (every day... no pressure). :) Love you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you're here! It's in my google reader, so I will know when you don't stay on top of it!! ;)

    Love you!
    Ang

    http://www.moresugarthanspice.com

    PS. I drove by your old house and it's for sale again. A ping of sadness struck my heart and I started thinking of all the crazy things we did there ... starting with the phone cord being ripped out of the wall.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love every bit of this. And you inspire me too. :)

    That 4th of July picture-- pure awesomeness.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Um, your "About Me" is the funniest thing EVER.

    ReplyDelete