Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Summer Vacation 2012 Week 1 Continued....

On Fourth of July we headed to 
Can. You. Handle. This. View????
We are so so so blessed to have an amazing family that surrounds us.

A few weeks ago, I emailed Clay's Aunt to see if Camp Runamok had any openings this Summer....
She said July 4th was free! Woot! Woot!
I couldn't pack our bags fast enough!
Madeline enjoyed watching the Independence Day Sail Boat Races.
She was in her Star Spangled Swim Suit to show her support.

Baby Gabe and Madeline found the stash of animal masks

As did my Father

Maddie was all ready for the Hot Tub!

For the last consecutive 7 years Jaime and I have spent Fourth of July together.  This year was no different.  She drove up for the day to enjoy the views. And Hamburgers.  ;)

We are very serious about our Playdough

We ended our day with Clue.
Man, I LOVE Clue.

Uncle Ben made it up just in time for the game.



Madeline didn't quite make it to game night....

The next Morning we took a drive across the bay to Nick's Cove.
 If you haven't had the pleasure, you should!  Nick's Cove is located just past Point Reyes Station, right on the bay. There are adorable cottages IN the bay that you can rent for the night.  The food is amazing, and the view is awesome.  You WON'T be disappointed.  I. Promise.

They are famous for their BBQ'd Oysters.
So ofcourse we had to try some.

After Lunch, Ben and Britt headed home, and for the rest of the weekend, it was just us and my parents.  It was so nice!

Friday Morning Dad said.  Maybe we should go to the Lighthouse...
Clay and I have been visiting Inverness for years, and had never seen the Lighthouse.
So...
Off we went!
There was a minor road block of Cattle Moooooving from one farm to the next.

It's just a small hike to the steps of the light house.
The Lighthouse was so adorable.  It was freezing and windy.

The small hike brought you to the 300 steps you have to take to get to the light house.
That's 300. Each. Way.
No need for Insanity this week....
I can still feel it in my legs.

Mom and Dad were Troopers!

So were the kids!  Everybody made it to the Lighthouse!

The fog lifted just as we hit the bottom.  The view was breathtaking.

After the 600 steps...some of us were wiped out...

But don't let him fool you.
He still had enough energy to climb the mountainside.

Awwww....

After our morning excursion we were starving...

So a trip over to Point Reyes Station was in order....
Straight to Cowgirl Creamery

MMMmmmmmm
(why is cheese SO delicious AND so fattening???)

Ice Cream for everyone!

A quick dip in the hot tub to relieve those muscles!

Saturday Morning the weather was Beautiful
 We headed to Stinson Beach
Madeline was not a fan of the sand.  In fact one foot hit the sand and she stopped walking and screamed until someone came and carried her. She kept yelling at the top of her lungs... "IT'S YUCKY!!!!!"  I just turned and smiled at everyone staring and whispered "It's her first time..."  They smiled and nodded... on the outside....on the inside I'm sure they thought we couldn't possible be California natives... Who doesn't like sand???

Jack immediately went with Daddy to dig for Crabs.
Madeline decided that crabs are pretty interesting, and she would "Brave" the sand to meet up with the boys.

She came prepared with her pink bucket

My Dad and Jack posed for a quick pic before they jumped in.

I can not believe they got in.

and when I say got in...
The got ALL the way in... So far that Clay and Jack saw a seal swim by their legs.
Dude.
There's a limit to me and nature. Thank god the kids have Clay. ;)

Here is my favorite pic of the day.
Jack was like velcro to Clay at the start of the day, he wouldn't leave his side...and by the time it was time to pack up, he was running in all by himself, head first...and there she is ...Miss Yucky...DANCING in the sand. They kill me.
At the end of the day the ladies jumped in the hot tub to relax and warm up. Even if all three of us only tested the freezing water to our ankles.  At least we tried!

Uncle Rich and Aunt Mard we can't thank you ENOUGH for letting us enjoy your amazing home.   We are so spoiled!  Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!

Such a great weekend.

So relaxing...

I even had quiet time to read a book. That's right Roseanne. A BOOK.  AND I'm gonna tell you all about it....

Later....


We still have another week ahead of us!

5 comments:

  1. I love all of these pictures. I am crying with jealousy. Seriously. P.S. What book? Don't hold out on me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pictures and words cannot describe the awesomeness of that place. Thank for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So. Much. Fun. But, I have to correct you...it was 308 stairs. I want full credit, and yes, I was counting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That view in the first pic, but I wish your feet weren't in it...

    I want BBQ oysters!!!

    Stinson Beach looks like so much fun. Where was my invitation to all of that?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want some of all of that...minus the oysters....and the stairs!

    ReplyDelete