Search This Blog

Monday, July 9, 2012

Summer Vacation 2012-Week 1

Every year Clay and I both take a week off during Summer to spend with the kids.  This year for the first time ever we took TWO weeks.  Two consecutive weeks.  Vacation started off a little rocky with a death in the family, but we lifted our spirits and treated ourselves to the Alameda County Fair.

 If you know me, you know I love myself a Fair.  Usually the State Fair is our #1 choice, but we haven't been able to make it in FOREVER.  And as far as Fair's go..it must be said...that the Minnesota State Fair kicks every other Fair's ass on the planet.  That place is INSANE.  But with no flight to Minneapolis in our near future, and no trip to Sac planned, the County Fair did us just fine. 

My Superhero

And Fairy

Death defying rides

So so High!

Strawberry twirls with Daddy

And Merry-Go-Rounds 

With Mommy

We learned how to milk a cow

Fake udders and all.

And then wash up with donkey spit.
So funny!

We made friends....

And took a load off.

Who doesn't love a vibrating foot rub??

A Stop at the music booth
For everyone to try....

There's nothing like ending the fair with some soft serve ice cream!

And that was just part of week one!  Stay tuned! There is more fun on it's way!

4 comments:

  1. I love every single one of these pictures! But you reminded me that now that we have two little ones getting to the MN fair is going to be tough this year... can I make it another year without fried cheese curds? No, definitely not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right, the MN fair is BOMB. Are you sure you can't swing a trip up here at the end of the month? The state fair is just not the same without you. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun! We all need to go together next year!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks fun! And exhausting! I think I would need 2 full vacation days to recover! J and I were just talking about the state fair.

    ReplyDelete