Search This Blog

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Summer Vacation 2012- Week 2!

Week 2 of Vacation started at the lake!

We

Love 

the

Lake!

Aunt B

and Uncle Ben joined us.

We are so lucky to have an "in" at the Lake.  Camping is all well and good...but it sure don't beat Houseboating!!

What's the best part about the Houseboat?
The slide of course!
Hours were spent on the slide.

Everyone gave it a try....

some more than others...

Madeline....
was not so slide ready....

Henry wished he could join in all the fun...
Who has ever met a Lab afraid of water???
(Trigger is yelling at him from doggie heaven.....)
Jack-man couldn't get enough of the water.

We were greeted by geese in the Morning..


We were ready for fun!
Aunt B and Uncle Ben brought the King of Beers as their Lake Beverage of choice....
(10:30am is the normal time to crack your first cold one, right?)

We had good tunes...

and plenty of sun....

I didn't start out quite as relaxed...
my first float was not a wise selection...
please notice....
The lake and my beer never met...
I've got mad skills....
(I learned everything I know from Kim...)

I opted for the *larger turtle for my second go-around.

Diva in training strutting her stuff....

Madeline spent more of her time
playing with her babies....
Normally she is a total water baby....but this year she was a bit timid....
We still got in though!
and wore ourselves out...
a little relaxation was had by all.....

We're still recovering.....

And only have 3 days left.....

How does vacation go by so fast????

4 comments:

  1. I love it! So fun! I wish I was there so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love all these pics!!! I need to get my butt up there once :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved the pictures of Maddy on the slide and you saving the beer! Too funny! LOL!

    Lynne

    ReplyDelete