Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

On the Pinterest Band Wagon!

Mel from The Larson Lingo and My friend Kim inspired me to stop pinning and start cooking.

I mean Pinterest could be one of the greatest inventions I have EVER used, but what's the use of pinning and not trying....

It's like Window shopping....It's fun for awhile, but sooner or later....you gotta just buy it!

I know I have mentioned how much I love my crock pot.

But lately....

I REALLY love my Crock Pot.

My work has been a tad busier than normal.  Which makes my energy level not of it's norm.  

Enter slow cooker.  What better time to break out my Crock Pot than now.  AND what better time than to try all those recipes people have been pinning.

So that's just what I did.

First up: 
With the Holiday's just around the corner I need a breakfast that doesn't keep me in the kitchen and allows me to join in all the reindeer games.
This recipe had me at "Cooks while you sleep" 
Yes! Please!
With Mom visiting this last weekend, I had a sous chef and at 11pm we pulled ourselves up off the couch and threw everything in the pot.

*hint* It is probably a good idea to read an entire recipe prior to starting it just before midnight.

I didn't realize you had to saute the bell pepper and onion, nor did I realize the bacon had to be cooked.
Whenever I'm in a hurry, and don't want the mess, I cook bacon like Ina taught me.  Sheet Pan, cookie rack, 400, 15-20 minutes = Perfect Bacon.

You layer everything and pour your eggs on last.

Here is the finished product.  Not so pretty now, but I added sour cream, chopped tomatoes and green onion and it was great.  Clay even liked it.
*Winner*

and so so easy.
(If I were to change anything, I would add sausage and 1 and a half the recipe so it fills up my pot.)

Next up:
I read Mel's blog and was so bummed that these weren't amazing.  I had such high hopes!
So I did a little google research.
And found a recipe from Sandra Lee.  The goddess of everything semi-homeade. 
Sandra said....Add 1/3 cup of oil.
So that's just what I did.
And they were so moist and perfect. 
Next time I would add some pumpkin spice, just to kick them up a notch.

I iced them with Ina's Cream Cheese Frosting.
Deeelish.

And again...

Easy!

This next one almost all of my friends have made and raved....how could I not try it!

Easy(check), Crowd Pleaser (check), Tender and Delicious (check)
I would recommend. Fo. Sho.

This one seemed too good to be true:
The only thing I added was Garlic Salt, Onion and Hot Sauce.

Clay loved it. 

Hooray!

It was creamy and easy and good!
Topped with Cilantro and Hot Salsa and Sour cream in a tortilla.
Yum!

And Finally.....

This is my old stand by.

You can find Carroll Shelby's Chili mix at your local Grocer.
It's the best.

This week I used Steak instead of ground turkey or hamburger.  
It was so good!

I usually use Chili beans with sauce, Kidney beans, onion, bell pepper, garlic and diced tomatoes with green chilies.

Throw it all in....

And Voila!
Autumn in a Pot.

I serve it with "Corn Puke"
You know....
Like when you go to Chevy's or El Torrito and your dinner comes with that little side of corn casserole. The link above will take you to that recipe.  And I promise it tastes just like the restaurants version.

And if you are not a fan of "corn puke" which means you are probably one of the people that gave "corn puke" it's fabulous name.....you are crazy.  Because it's fantastic. 

So there you have it. 

My Slow cooker, Pinterest, Crocktober, Palooza.

as Mel would say...

FTW.

Enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. I made cream cheese chicken in the crock pot last week, too!! Yum. And, I can't wait to try the breakfast casserole. Thanks for the reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  2. From now on I want you to credit me with introducing you to Pinterest. And blogging. In every single one of your posts.

    It's either that or send me some of those pumpkin muffins.

    Your choice! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah! FTW, for sure! We had the crock pot cream cheese chicken tonight also :) Totally going to try your breakfast casserole...that looks YUM! And, maybe...just maybe I will try those pumpkin muffins again.

    ReplyDelete