Search This Blog

Friday, September 23, 2011

Madeline's New Pet

When we purchased our home almost 7 years ago, it was fully decorated.

Curtains, throw rugs, wall paper...

That all had to go.

The one room in my house that I made almost no changes to was the guest bathroom.

I loved the coral walls, and the fish theme. 

I did swap out a few items....

But I kept the waste basket.

I hide it in the cupboard in my laundry room.

I keep a small trash bag in it, and that is where I keep my lint.

Tonight, I was emptying the trash in the laundry room.

and I left the trash can on the floor.

Tonight was the first night that Madeline has ever noticed it.

And it was hilarious.

Because the bathroom was Fish inspired, the trash can has water and fake fish that swim at the bottom of it.

Madeline wandered over to the can.  She looked at the side, and then slowly looked in...then back at the side, and then back in.  Her shoulders stopped her from putting her whole body completely into the can.

She ran back over to me.

"Mommy!  Feeeesh!"and ran back over to the can to point out her find.

"You found fish?  How many are in there?"

She put her finger right up to the plastic bottom and started to count.

"Tooooo, Treee, Tooo, Fo!"




"You see four fish?"

"Yes!"

Then she shook the can to make the fish swim.

"Uh Oh Maddie!  They might get sick!"

She stuck her head back in the trash can.
 

"You Kay?" She asked the Fish very concerned.

"Are they okay?"

"Yes!"
"Do you love the fish?"

"Yes!  Feeesh watch Calliou!"

And she carried them downstairs.
Jack was not as impressed with Madeline's new "Feesh".

So..

Madeline has her very own pets.

Guess I'll have to find a new trash can for the laundry room


5 comments:

  1. OMG, I love her! Cutest story (and pictures) ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are the most low maintenance pets ever! Lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This story was much different from the "my kid slept with a trash can" story I got this week. :)

    And... that's a big trash can just for lint... I'm just sayin'...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just wait...next year Tegan will have lots of lint too! Such a cute story! And I agree...you couldn't get a better pet:)

    ReplyDelete