Search This Blog

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Welcome to the ManCave!

On August 1st we started a "little" project.....

The Garage.
aka
The ManCave.

Clay has always wanted a space where he can keep his tools, play video games, watch Sunday Football and keep up on the History channel.

Now...

He could probably do all of those things inside of our home, but he wanted a space that was his.

So that's what we did.  

We turned our black hole of a garage into a ManCave.

This was no small process.....



This has been every weekend *except last weekend

Since we started the First weekend of August.

And this isn't a process we can do all by ourselves....

We had

Lots

And lots

and LOTS....

of help!
(There may have been a few child labor laws violated...)

Thank god for amazing friends.

Casey came over and helped me clean out the garage.  We FILLED a HUGE trailer with just crap.  Our garage had an abundance of trash.  An embarrassing amount.  We are very blessed and had it hauled away by Clay's brother Justin.  So nice!

We then textured and mudded the garage walls.

My Good Friend Mary, Her daughter Sarena, her Best Friend Mackenzie, My Brother Ben, Clay and I then painted the ceiling and walls.

It took forever.

And I hate painting.
( I don't think there is anything I hate more in this world than painting walls.  I believe when people are sent to Hell they are handed a paint brush and told to start painting, and the only time they are allowed to stop is for Hot Dog Breaks.)

But we finished.

Today we finished laying the carpet tiles.

And it's done.

We have a little bit to finish up.

But it's livable.

And Clay LOVES it.

He has an Entertainment area, complete with Wii, Playstation, Blue Ray, VHS, Surround Sound, Flat screen and storage for games and movies.

Now I know I said this was Clay's Space...

But..

Part of the ManCave deal was that I could still keep some of the cabinet space, which is very generous of my husband

And....
the kids could have a play corner....I mean come on...we had to have somewhere to keep our newly acquired Elmo chair. (Thank you Auntie Mary)
I painted our old cabinets with Magnetic Chalkboard paint for the kids to keep their toys in.  I also plan on converting the inside to a dress up closet with costumes and hanging a mirror on the inside panel.

We bought a new cover from Ikea for our old couch, and our neighbor was getting rid of her old Pottery Barn Coffee Table.  Thanks Neighbor!!

Clay really wanted to have a place for all of his tools.
Lindsey put together every cabinet you see here.  (Mary helped too)
I call them my second Husbands.
Also....
We replaced our old Sink that was in the garage.
And when I say "We" I mean Mary's Husband Shane.  Thank God for Shane and Mary!  They are always there for us!
(on a side note...when the new sink was installed, Mary had mentioned to Shane that my kitchen sink faucet was terrible.  Both were replaced the same day as a surprise!  SO NICE!!)


Clay also needed a place to store his Golf Clubs (Benny has benefited from the ManCave too. Clay purposely purchased a holder for two sets of Clubs....just for his partner in crime....) He bought this rack with his gift cards from Golfsmith.  This among other things since it's his favorite store.  So if you happen to have gifted a card to Clay for his Birthday this year, above is part of your gift to him.  So thank you for your contribution to the ManCave!

No ManCave is complete without a Full Bar.  This Bar was Clay's Grandfather's and he loves it.  It slides open for more serving space and the center is Slate.  It's going to be perfect for our ManCave Parties.  And we plan to have a lot!!

So it's done.

Thank the Lord.

4 comments:

  1. So awesome! Looks amazing. Congrats on finishing!

    Oh, and Josh had that complete set of Pottery Barn tables when I moved in with him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, so perfect. I love the color scheme. Very man cave-ish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It turned out PERFECT!!! Can't wait to party. :)

    ReplyDelete