Search This Blog

Friday, December 24, 2010

A whirlwind Holiday....

Okay. 
Prepare yourself.
It's gonna be a long one.


Christmas started on December 23rd for the Kirbyface Clan.

My side of the family gets together every year before Christmas for our annual gift exchange and Holiday dinner.  

Instead of choosing names we do a white elephant exchange.

It get's pretty cutthroat.

:)

This year, I picked the worst number.
But I picked an awesome gift!
And then it was stolen! 
So I had to pick again....
and that was stolen too!
 I ended up with a Coffee Press.
For Clay.
Oh well.....


Best gift idea goes to my brother Benny. 

The Shake weight.
Which Pop Won.
Hilarious!

All my brothers were there....so of course there was a sibling photo....
This is the best one of the 500 my mother took.
(It's clear that I get my photo addiction from my Mother.....I feel her pain in the difficulty of capturing the perfect photo of her children....)

Just for fun....here are the outtakes...

None of us are looking at the right camera...and Nick's gotta get that important text out!
Lord...
No idea what Nick and Ben are doing...but Chris thinks it's funny....


We played a nice friendly game of Cranium....
Boys against Girls.
The boys won.

Because they cheated.
:)

When I went to turn the Christmas lights off out front
This is what I found
Maybe it was too cold and he wanted to come in.....

On to Christmas Eve!
(are you still with me.....I told you it would be a long one!)

We usually spend Christmas Eve with Clay's parents.
(love their house so much-perfect Christmas tree window-Don't you think?)

Crab for dinner, of course!

The kids opened their gifts
I'm not sure who loved the Paper Jam more...
Jack...
or Gumpy.
:)

Jack scored this year!

Buzz Lightyear wings!
Daddy had to help put them on...
A trampoline!
Yay!
Maddie-girl made out like a bandit too, however, she was not so interested in the whole present opening business...she would rather play with MiMi's glasses....

I did get a sibling photo!
Whoo hoo!

Even Trig was spoiled this year....

Once we returned home, we got cookies ready for Santa!
And carrots for the reindeer....

Christmas is always at my house.
My brothers all come and spend the night and we all wake up together and open our gifts.
I love it.
So much.

It's so nice to hang with them, and be kids together. 
(it's also so nice to have extra help for Santa gift assembling)

our night always, always.. starts with this
Love TBS.

Here's how I left the room when I finally went to bed on Christmas Eve....

Next up.

Christmas!

4 comments:

  1. You have no idea how much I LOVE that we are ALL together on Christmas. It means so much to us. You are so wonderful and we are so lucky that you are a part of our lives....already counting the days til next year! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREAT family photos! How do I get in on the white elephant exchange?

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, the shake weight for Pop! Hilarious! We do a white elephant exchange, too, which I like so much more than picking names. Love the photos. Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your brothers are hilarious. The deer at the door was my favorite.

    Do you know Buzz Lightyear has been around for 10 years? Crazy that Toy Story is still so popular!

    ReplyDelete