Search This Blog

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Merry Christmas!

I was going to put our Holiday extravaganza into one blog.....but so much happened...I had to do Christmas on it's own.

I woke up first on Christmas Morning.
I came down and started the coffee and did all the finishing touches.

Here are all my siblings sleeping peacefully.....
( I really need a bigger home...)

Christmas morning started out just like any other...
A little Chaotic...
Fun stocking stuffers...
And cool gifts....
That everyone had to try out....

And then....

It happened....

My baby brother proposed to one of my best friends....

She said yes!
So we put Christmas on pause to celebrate!
Here it is!
He proposed with a charm bracelet from Tiffany.
The Heart Charm said I love you, I love you, I love you on one side, and when you flipped it over
By the time she read it he was on one knee.....

So cute!

The kids were adorable with their gifts.  Madeline could not get enough of her dolls and her new doll stroller.  She also was completely in love with her new shoes from MiMi (coming to a blog header near you) and her new tricycle.
Complete with phone.

Clayton did very well.....
He was SO surprised when he opened his big gift....
It was even engraved...
:)

The Boys loved their matching helicopters

Brit enjoyed displaying her ring with every gift she opened...

Jack was very patient with his sister and showed her how to correctly use her gifts.
Benny and Clay got their annual matching outfits.
(Brit and I really have to stop shopping together...)

Jack loved EVERYTHING!

As for me...
I didn't do too shabby either....
Every girl loves a little blue box!
This camera is so tiny!  I love it....

Hooray for Knee socks!!!

My MIL bid and won on a Girls night for me at a recent benefit she went to.  An evening of shopping for me and my friends at Seven for all Mankind in downtown Walnut Creek.  It's a private event where they close the store for us, and give us one on one attention complete with free alterations for all our purchases, and a gift card for me to have a shopping spree.
So thoughtful! So Nice!

And for my biggest surprise, Gram wrapped up this for me...
It's from her tree.  
As a child I would lay on the arm of the couch and spin the dancers leg and watch the ornament twirl and twirl.  I have always loved this ornament. It's the first one I look for on her tree, and even to this day when no one is looking, I still spin the leg and watch her twirl.  This year, when Gram's tree was up I looked and looked on the tree for the ornament.  I couldn't find it!  I turned to Gram and said "Where is she?!"  She knew exactly what I meant, and just shrugged her shoulders and said she couldn't find it this year......then tonight....it was wrapped up for me.
YAY!

Gram also bought Madeline this....
for her room.
(I kind of want it for me...)
It's Cinderella's dress form, and when the doors are opened, Prince Charming and Cinderella spin and dance as it plays "So this is Love" OMG. LOVE IT.

The day went on and so did the planning.....
Poor Brit.  She doesn't stand a chance against Mom and Me.
(We've been planning this wedding in our heads for YEARS!)

I even cooked the prime rib perfectly!

Such a great day.

Love my Family.
Love my life.

So, so Blessed.

Merry Christmas from this crazy blogger to you!
(behind the scene photo compliments of Mom)


5 comments:

  1. Love that proposal!! Yay Brit and Ben!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that proposal, too! So sweet. Congrats! And love all the pics... looks like everyone had a great Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the new header. Do you think those shoes come in big sizes?

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO excited for Brit and Ben! Sounds like an amazing Christmas for the whole family. I Love Gram!

    ReplyDelete