Search This Blog

Sunday, December 19, 2010

The gift that keeps on giving....

Every year for Christmas I make Christmas Cookies. Usually we have a Christmas cookie exchange and that is my gift to my neighbors and friends during the Holiday Season.

This year I wanted to put a different spin on it.

I started to think of all the meals I make for my friends when they first give birth, and then I thought about how nice it was when people would bring ME dinner after I had both my children.  It's such a treat when someone makes you dinner.

Which got me to thinking....

Maybe this year.....

Instead of Cookies.....

I will give......

Lasagnas.

So that's what I did.

Saturday I made 8 Lasagnas.

And since some people don't like Lasagna......

I made 6 Homemade Mac and Cheese dishes.

Both recipe's are in my head...A little of this and a little of that...

So I have no recipe to share....

But!

 I can show you the ingredients I use.

Here are the ingredients for my Lasagna.
I call it my 100 ingredient Lasagna.
It's kind of labor intensive..but totally worth it.

Here are the ingredients for my Mac and Cheese.
Both recipes are Semi-homemade.

Trigger was my side kick....He was praying I would drop something....
Look at that drool....(so gross)  Poor Trig!


Here are my finished products:

It was so nice to call people and tell them, no need to make dinner, I've done your dirty work!

In fact, I have decided that I may pick one lucky person every month and treat them just as I would a new Mother.  It's not like it gets easier after the first month, if anything, dinner gets harder to think about once you go back to work! Maybe I'll make it a contest....Like all those talented women on the blogs I read...they're always giving away their awesome products...Maybe I'll have a contest for dinner by Heidi.... I wonder if anyone would enter to win??  

:)

Some dinners were delivered....
and topped with Mistletoe...

I had the best intentions of delivering the dinners with my annual cookies as dessert....

But after all the Lasagnas and Mac and Cheese I was so tired, and only had enough energy to make two batches....which did not go well...but that's a story for another day.....

So....tomorrow....more baking....

Tonight.....Sleep....

9 comments:

  1. Consider me entered into your dinner contest for life. I'd also like them hand delivered. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We make our pasta sauce every year for friends and family. If you lived closer, our combo would take the neighborhood by storm! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you coming to the mountains to deliver mine or do I have to come pick it up?? After I enter, please consider me for a summer month - maybe a BBQ on the houseboat? I'll provide sunscreen and beach towels!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Does the Pinot Noir actually go into the lasagna? Or is that for the cook? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heidi, you are ADORABLE! God how I wish we lived closer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish we lived closer too! You're parties look like so much fun! I miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can I just say that the lasagna was wonderful! There's one more piece for Rob's lunch tomorrow.
    Such a thoughtful treat- thank you!
    I am panicking over Christmas Eve dinner- with no kitchen we will be running to neighbors to take things out of their ovens!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. YOU ARE SUPER MOM! I don't know how you do it! The Mac n cheese...yummm! Thank you and sorry I picked up the wrong dinner! Since we're on the dinner subject...Jeff wants to know when more chippino is coming his way...;) (I know I spelled that wrong!)

    ReplyDelete