Search This Blog

Monday, November 21, 2011

Weekend fun in Cambria

This weekend we drove to Beautiful Cambria.

If you haven't been.....You should go!  It's a fantastic quaint little town, about 20 minutes from Paso Robles on Hwy 1.

We stayed here:
The Pickford House.

It had 9 rooms and an off site guest house.  Each room had it's own bathroom!  There was a HUGE kitchen, and a great room with a antique restored Bar.  We went with my Dad's side.

We were there to celebrate my Grandparents 80th Birthdays and 60 years of Marriage, which all happen to fall in the same year.

The ENTIRE family made it.

All 24 of us.

And it didn't feel cramped at all.  There was PLENTY of room for everyone. 

Here is our room
In case you were wondering, 4 bodies fit across....
(some of us were afraid of the cot in the room)

The Hallway of rooms

All meals were served in the main room.  Everyone ate together.

Saturday Morning we woke up and headed to the beach.

We couldn't have ordered better weather.

Madeline took an immediate liking to Auntie Debbie.

Jack had to get in.
(if you look closely he is wet up to his HIPS)

Mr. Kirbyface enjoyed some football time in the sand.


My Mother and Aunt thought it would be a good idea to spell out our Family name.

Since there are 9 Grandchildren
and 9 Letters.

They put us in order of age
I being the oldest got "R" Then Chris was O, Nick was B, Trevor was E, Benny was a lower case "r"..
Keith was T, Dan was S, Max was little "o" and Jake was "n".

(I guess it's clear where my crazy photo ideas come from....)

A lot of time was spent here.  The family cooked all the meals.  Well....
The Women cooked the meals.

There were intense games of Connect Four.

And Piano play

And puzzles....

Until....

The Karaoke machine was found....

And then it became clear...

That


EVERYONE....


Has a song...


that compels them...


to grab the microphone


Myself included.


Madeline enjoyed the show

Especially
When Oma joined in the fun...

And you can imagine my shock...
When Mr. Kirbyface grabbed the Mic.
That's right.  Even Mr. Kirbyface has a "Song".  I think I actually had to pick my chin up off the floor when I saw him reach for it.

Just for the Record.  Clayton's song that compels him, is "The Joker".

It was a great weekend. Filled with lots of family time, delicious food, and fun.

Who knows...

Maybe this will turn into an Annual Family Weekend!

Which would be fine with me!

As we came down off the pass, on our way home we were greeted by this
It was so nice to get away.... But even nicer to be Home Sweet Home.
:)

Now that Thanksgiving has been officially kicked off...

I'm on to perfect my Menu.

Turkey is being enjoyed at MY house this year!

Get ready to loosen those belts!

6 comments:

  1. I can't stop scrolling back to the pictures of your brother... that shirt... the mustache... omg, I'm dying. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Tegan-- the shirt and the stache are scene stealers. Looks like a great place! Love the beach photos (jealous!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like SO much fun! I'm a little scared of that hallway though...looks like a few scenes from The Shining:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. After your complete shock...I believe Mr. Kirbyface's words were, "Oh, yeah, that's right, Baby...it's happening!" Followed by squeals (from the ladies). An absolute blast was had by all! And thank you for putting up with my quirks, especially after I figured out there were the same number of grandkids as letters. You know, there are five 'Walls' kids too...hmmm...I'm just saying...

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was fun Heidi...loved the fact that there was no TV just games and enjoying each others company. The food you made was awesome too!. The roast beef-blue cheese sandwich was to die for. I soooo loved getting to know your family & I enjoyed playing hide and seek with Madelyn too...what a cutie(Oh-tay!). Hugs & kisses to all. Love Debra

    ReplyDelete