Search This Blog

Monday, November 28, 2011

Thanksgiving Weekend 2011

I wanted to get this post done yesterday....

and I also had every intention of updating my blog daily during my long weekend....

But that just didn't happen....

So you'll just have to be happy with one weekend re-cap post. 
I figured if I didn't do a post soon, some of you might be worried I was injured during my annual Black Friday extravaganza.

No need to fear, at this point in my life, I'm a professional.

:)



I started my four day weekend out just as I always do...

Thursday's paper with all the Black Friday ads
and something to eat.  
Bacon, Eggs, Hashbrowns, a pumpkin spice muffin and a diet soda.
Breakfast. of. Champions.


My turkey turned out Fantastic!
(brining is really the only way to go)


A little vino to wash it down....
Just a bit... I had a loooooong night ahead of me.

The whole Gang at dinner. 

We ate at 3 to give me plenty of time to clean up and prep for the night.

Everyone was gone by 6 and we finalized our lists.

We were out the door by 8:30pm.
This was the first year that the sales started so early it almost didn't feel like Thanksgiving.  I really like my "power nap" before heading out, but with the first sale starting at 9pm...there was no time!  So, I tucked the kids into bed, threw on my outfit for "battle" and headed out.

Mom, Brit and Me.  
Just the Girls.  
Black Friday is not for the weak.
You have to pick your group with caution. 
We decided this year that we would invite Mary to go with us.

We were in line at Toys R Us by 8:45.  The line was so long that it wrapped all the way around the building to receiving.  The store opened at 9pm.  Any special they had could have been ours if we wanted it.  The night was looking good!  We were in and out by 9:20 and on to Walmart.
The parking lot was so packed, we had to walk 3 blocks from a residential neighborhood to get in.  The sales at Walmart did not start until 10pm.  We were in the door by 9:50.  It was INSANE. Mary met up with us at Walmart. She was the perfect addition to our Posse.  We finally made it in line, and were able to get EVERYTHING on our list.  Yay!  We were done by 11:30pm and on to Target that opened at Midnight. 

Here is a snap shot from my Mom's Iphone of our cart at Walmart.  Now mind you....this cart is for 4 people.  

We patiently waited in line at Target, found EVERYTHING again on our list, INCLUDING special electronics and were done and on to Kohls by 1:30am.  Then we went to Macy's Home store, Sears, Macy's woman, JCPenny's and finished our adventure at Mcdonalds for some fine dining.

Here is a picture of the four of us at breakfast at 6am.
(Brit got cut off, because the lady next to us said she couldn't work an Iphone...Dude.)

All in all it was a success!  Lots of gifts done! Yay!
There were a few mishaps along the way....There may or may not have been a small brawl in between the cosmetics and deodorant aisle at Target....But still!  Lots of nice people, fun with my girls and so many good buys!  I can't wait till next year! (I'm not gonna lie....there was a *tiny* bit of mourning at the trash can on Friday night as the ad's went in....)
;)


As always, much to my Husbands dismay...Christmas "threw up" on our house after my Morning nap on Friday. Jack was SO excited to decorate the Tree.  The Holiday's are so much fun with the kids.  I think it might kill him to wait until December 1st to open the first door on the Advent Calendar my MIL prepares for them every year.

Saturday Afternoon was Janice's Baby Shower. She is due in 8 days!!

Saturday night was Miss Lindsey's Birthday.  The ladies headed out for a night on the town.

And Sunday was for rest.  Lots and lots of rest. 

Monday came too quickly.....

I have so much to be Thankful for.

My Husband who puts up with me and all my crazy antics and loves me unconditionally, Always.
My children who put a smile on my face everyday.
My new puppy who reminds me daily what patience is.
My family who is always there for me, No. Matter. What.
My friends who keep me grounded and sane.
My job and Clayton's job that helps pay our bills to keep a roof over our head and food on our table.
My health, so I'm able to do all the things in life that I want.

The list goes on and on.

I am truly blessed.

 And So so grateful for all I have.

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!


3 comments:

  1. You are hilarious. I don't at all understand the Black Friday nonsense, but you are clearly a professional.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Black Friday Shopping should be one of your "How To" posts I keep telling you to do. (How To Walk in Heels... How to Shop for Jeans...)

    Please tell me you recycled all those ads...

    ReplyDelete