Search This Blog

Friday, November 11, 2011

Flashback Friday!

This week marks the end of my Happy Birthday Posts.

I hope you enjoyed them!

:)

I started thinkin...

It's time for something new.

I haven't been blogging long....

Which means two things:

a) I don't have a lot documented that I wished I did,  ie-first steps, first words, family vacations, first Birthdays, etc.

and 

2) I should have listened to Tegan and Roseanne a LONG time ago.

So. 

To make up for lost time, I will start doing Flashback Fridays.

And today is the first Flashback.


Three years ago today I found out I was pregnant with Madeline.

It was a tad different than how I found out with Jack.  With Jack I was peeing on a stick, while talking to a girlfriend on the phone with another girlfriend in the bathroom with me. 

When I got pregnant with Madeline, I just knew.  I could feel it.
I ran out and secretly bought a pregnancy test at Target.

No one knew we were trying.
Well...
Besides Kim.  (I have my reasons)

I took the test at 4am in our guest Bathroom, with only the light from the outside window to see the line appear.  As it started to appear I remember blinking, and bringing the test as close to my face as possible, and then finally giving in and turning the light on, just for a minute to not wake up Clay.  (I wanted to tell Clay in a really special way, and didn't want to get his hopes up if the test was negative.)

It wasn't.
  I was ECSTATIC. 

If you know me....I have a hard time keeping my mouth shut.  I talk to my girlfriends, and Mother, and Grandmother about EVERYTHING.

Keeping something from them is pure torture for me. 

I immediately had to get my plan into action.

I went to a local Maternity and Baby store and purchased a T-shirt that said "I'm the Big Brother".
I was over the top excited.  I couldn't contain myself. 
I blurted out to the salesgirl 
"I just found out this Morning I'm pregnant!"

Sometimes I still can't believe that the first person I told was the girl behind the counter at Bellies and Babies.
(and the girl in the dressing room who over heard us talking and stuck her head out to say congratulations)

As soon as I got home that night, I broke out the camera and prepped Jack.
He could even say it.  

It took Clay what felt like an eternity to get home that night.

He walked through the door, Jack jumped on the couch and said:
"Ine gonna be a brover!"

I will never forget the look on Clay's face.  Shock, excitement, and a little bit of worry all in one.

He looked at me and said 

"Really???"

The next morning I sent out that exact picture to my Girlfriends with the subject title to the email: 
"First Come, First Serve." 
 (We are all kind of territorial when it comes to pregnancy.  I mean...Come on...Who doesn't want to be the first to know!)

I won't say who responded to the email first...

We told the rest of the family over the Holiday's in the same way.  It was fun to see them read the shirt and then watch the light bulb go off.  
(some took longer than others)

 9 months later my daughter was born. 

P.s. That shirt is in Jack's keepsake box...Maybe it will fit his son for a big announcement someday... No pressure  ;)

3 comments:

  1. Adorable... and I'm pretty sure I was the first to respond. Right? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol... still cracking up over L.'s comment. Can't believe that was three years ago!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that picture of Jack! And I still remember that day like it was yesterday!

    ReplyDelete