Search This Blog

Friday, June 3, 2011

Happy Birthday Teegie!

Let's talk some Tegan.

Perfect. Perfect. Tegan.

My perfect crafting, baking, decorating, party planning, hard working, cooking, Internet savvy, "Martha Stewart-y", cleaning, organizing, Out-doorsy, Athletic, Speed texting, Girl next door-but so much more, Beautiful Friend Tegan.

I feel like it's necessary to talk about the day we met. 

I had just moved to Sacramento, and we were heading to dinner at Macaroni Grill.  All of the girls were there.  Tegan came over to pick us up.  As I climbed in the back seat, I turned to Tegan and said... "Tegan! That's such a Beautiful Name!" Tegan glanced back and said.  "Thanks." and turned back around and started to drive.....

The rest of the night kind of went the same way.....

She will deny this up and down....

But Tegan was not an immediate fan of Heidi.

Shocker. I know.

Let's just say it took some time for us to become friends.  Not long....but sometime.

That Dinner was in May.  Our Friendship Blossomed in August.

Tegan had an annual party in August. 
(Annual party?  My. Kind. of. Gal.)

She said she would be setting up for the party all by herself.  I asked her if she would like some help and she surprisingly said yes. 

We spent the afternoon in the blistering sun, laughing and hanging grass skirts on anything that didn't move in her house.

We had an instant connection that afternoon.
Events were clearly our thing.
And still continue to be to this day.



Tegan and I have so much in common, and at the same time, are so different.

She is SO organized.  Me. not so much.
She is so Athletic- I mean -COME ON- the girl has a degree in kinesiology- I can't even spell it- let alone keep up with her in ANY sport- including underwater basket weaving, which I'm sure she would excel at as well.
Her patience level is infinite. Me. Ummm ya.
She is tall with a stomach you can bounce quarters off of.  Me. No comment.

However.....

We both work very hard to be the best Mom, Friend, Wife, Daughter, Sister we can be.
We both love a party- Planning it, attending it, looking forward to the next one....
We love to laugh.
We love to cook, create, and share our creations.
We love our girl time, one on one and with the whole gang.
She is the only girl in her family- she only has brothers
We love baseball. Namely-the Giants. 
We love anything Pink.
We are spontaneous.
and 
try to see the good in everyone.

Tegan is always there with a listening ear.  She is kind, and thoughtful, and an amazing friend.

I'm glad Tegan was cautious in selecting me to be her friend.  I now know why.  Tegan has her group of girls.  They are like Sisters to her. Hand selected Sisters.  Tegan is a wonderful person to know.  But she is an unbelievable person to have as a Best Friend.  And there are very few who understand what I'm talking about.  I'm privileged to be in that group.


Tegan, It's clear you mean the world to me.  I'm so thankful you "came around" and realized you needed me in your life....or maybe you realized that I needed you.  Either way.  Life just works out the way it's supposed to. So Like it our not.  You're stuck with me. 


I think it should also be known that you are the "Baby" of our Group, and the Last to celebrate the end of her 20's.  I would like to be the first to Welcome you to your "Dirty Thirties."
It's Awesome here- Glad you could finally join us.

There is so much excitement ahead of you.
And I'm honored to be able to share in all the joy coming your way.

Happy Birthday Tegan, Teegs, T, Teegie, Mrs. Knifton to be...

I know I speak for all of us when I say We Love You!



3 comments:

  1. Yay for Teegie! I second all of these emotions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Tegan! You ARE amazing and deserve to be celebrated. Welcome to the 30's!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is at least the twelfth time I've read this post-- and it's still making me teary-eyed. Thank you. And I love you. SO much. :)

    ReplyDelete