Search This Blog

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Happy Anniversary Gram and Pop!

56 years ago today Gram and Pop said I do.

So of course when they invited Me to an afternoon in Napa, I had to say....

I DO!!

So off we went!

To Thomas Kellar's
Awesome, does not begin to describe this restaurant.
For those of you who aren't "foodies" Thomas Keller is the Chef and Owner of the world renowned French Laundry in Yountville.
Bouchon is just down the street, but in no way disappointing.

Someday I will get to the French Laundry...
But in the meantime...
Bouchon does me just fine.
:)




We were greeted by our Server with 4 glasses of Chandon Champagne.
Compliments of the restaurant in honor of My Grandparents special day.

Next came Appetizers...
The Chilled Tower
Complete with Crab, Oysters, Clams, Prawns and Lobster.
Oh. My. God.

I could have ate the whole thing.
(I had to fight Gram for the oysters...)

Pop took a long look at the wine list
He decided on a nice Chablis...

My second course
(not the best pic-but it was delicious!)
Baby Greens with Goat Cheese in Herbs de Provence.
MMmmmm

Clay had their Mushroom and Crab Salad.
(Which was the best of the three we ordered)

Pop Had the Endive and Roquefort Salad.
(a close second to Clay's)

Gram was stuffed from all the Oyster stealing.....

Then came the Main Course
Seared Scallops topped with Lobster served with Parsnip Puree.
Hands down, the best meal I have EVER had.
EVER.

Delicious to the last bite.
A-M-A-Z-I-N-G

Pop and Clay had the Steak Frites

And Gram had the Lobster Bisque
poured table side.

Yum.

Then dessert!
Which was half gone by the time I remembered my camera
(darn wine...)
But the profiteroles and the Dark Chocolate Mouse were divine!

Gram broke out the Jewels for the day.
Please note the gorgeous ring on her finger.
Only dusted off for special occasions. 

Such a perfect day!

Unbelievable Weather
Impecable Service
Delicious Food
Great Company
What more could a girl ask for???

Two Fantastic Grandparents!

:)

Love you both Gram and Pop
Happy Anniversary!
Here's to many, many more!



6 comments:

  1. I want Gram to guest post next-- she can tell us her secret! Happy Anniversary Gram and Pop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post gave me chills (because of all that love AND the food)... Happy Anniversary!! This is definitely something to be celebrated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. I need that shirt you have on. Thanks. :)

    2. That main course was like 3 bites. I would have gone with the steak and fries too. Lol.

    Congratulations Gram and Pop! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. So jealous of your trip to Bouchon!

    And HUGE congrats to your super awesome grandparents. So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with Tegan on this one...when I saw your meal, I thought "That's IT?!?!" Looks like it was a PERFECT evening!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The fanciest my grandparents ever went was Red Lobster. I am going to go to Bouchon. This place looks amazing! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete